limp mode

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aight guys quick question for ya. I swaped a h22 into my h23 lude (93) got it running before i hooked up the downpipe and o2 sensor. now that its hooked up it still runs the same. Is it still running in limp mode? Theres no check engine light anymore. How do I turn limp mode off? Its running really rich and has about 30 hp. :huh: if not for limp mode what could it be? Advice would be greatly apppreciated.

Limp mode is in the ECU, but you are not in limp mode if you don't have an engine light on.

To reset the ECU, pull the fuse for the ECU or disconnect the battery for 15 seconds. If you disconnect the battery, make sure it doesn't conflict with an alarm system or radio to do so.

Do you have a P13, or are you using the P14 still?

Originally posted by tab@Nov 14 2004, 04:35 PM
Limp mode is in the ECU, but you are not in limp mode if you don't have an engine light on.

Do you have a P13, or are you using the P14 still?
[post=416757]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, Im going to hookup the new ecu today( Just got it in). Hopefully it has different fuel maps to change the way its running . Besides that I think the only other thing it could be is timing. :( <_< hmmmm i hope i didnt bend a valve or somethin. :angry:

Back