Locked my keys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do you have a sliding back window? you may be able to get somthin in there to pop its lock then slide the window open

No its a four door cab, all power windows.

Have you tried calling the local police? they usually are pretty nice about popping doors open for people, atleast I know here they are.... just a thought though

no i havent tried the police, i feel it be a bit embarrassing to call the police to open my door.

Fuck it!
just buy a new car.

well its not MY car actually, i drive a CRX but its in the shop for a few weeks having a bunch of body work done so i drive my moms truck. Man do i hate trucks.

Did you try torching a hole in the outer wall of the door? No AAA or anything?

Nope didnt try a torch, but maybe i will:ph34r:. No AAA on this car, but insurance said they would reimburse any charges to have a company unlock it for me. I just dont have the money up front right now.

Cant you remove a windshield with those suction cups and a heat gun? I know that's complete overkill but I think there are certian windows you can remove easily. Maybe the rear triangles if your Dodge has them.

I agree with B tho, just use a coathanger to hit the lock switch.. or fish your keys off the seat if that's what you did

Way to much Overkill, but i tried the coat hanger, i cant seem to get it in the door but i dont think youd be able to put the switch for the door with a close hanger.. from experience using close hangers before its not a simple task to push a door lock front or back, so im thinkin a switch from left to right would take some work.

Wait, is this an abortion thread or a locked my keys in my car thread?

Abortion, locked my leys in my car, either way a torch, some suction things and a close hanger manage to get involved.

But its dark and raining now, tomorrow ill call around and just find some money to pay off someone to unlock it.

if you wait till tomorrow get a key cut
or just get the spare from your mom?

if you wait till tomorrow get a key cut
or just get the spare from your mom?

well i have class at 12:30 so i dont have all day to spend trying to get a ride to the dealership... But it would help if the only key wasnt locked in the truck.. so that eliminates a spare and having one cut. I'm pretty sure i said it was the only key in my OP. Not to sound like an ass

call the non emergency line for the police and have them come pop the door... ive had to do that before... they generally dont charge

Back