Look At What They Wanted

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K I called around to see if any shops would make me a custom exhaust for my crx, just 2 1/4" piping in stock form... well i go over there (meinake) and they look at my car and the first thing he says.. was ... hmm around 250 plus tax and installation... i was like okay and left haha... i can get a better one for that much... lol , i just thought it was crazy that they said that much...

well it also depends if your talkin aluminum or stainless steel, make sure you specify. stainless can be quite pricy, but it will last longer than the car will. i paid 150 for 2 1/4 aluminum piping, but he also put better clamps and hangers on it and fixed my broke ass arospeed muffler. sounds way better, but i wish i woulda got stainless.

i dropped $200 installed for ful aluminum 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 (i don't remember) cat back including muffler after my swap, basically because it was all i could afford at the time and i needed something. Looking back i wish i would have got something better but this crap will rust through soon enough (damn chicago winters)

i paid $85 bucks for my 2 1/4 aluminum piping, plus installation of my muffler, it orignally was $129...but i did alot of bargaining, and price comparisons....=P

I paid.... geez... hmmm over a grand =) "WITH downpipe and open dumptube"

you get what you pay for
make sure its a good grade of stainless steel and that they use I believe its called band clamps
check the picture....

s3dfd08bec5333.jpg

some of my friends paid 150-250 for a custom exhaust from some good named exhaust shops
but I myself would never touch any of them its weird how most all exhaust shops deal with putting duals on trucks and F body exhaust.. when it comes to hondas they just suck ass nothing like a straight pipe with bends where the pipe gets smaller and is not smooth looks like \____________/ very crappy for exhaust flow
I have a 2.5" exhaust for a 92-95 civic coupe if anyone needs it

Jeff

i paid $120 for my custom catback system, installed and out the door. was really scarry, when 4 non english speaking mexicans were taking a sawzall to my car.

looks like SS to me... that or aluminized steel

yeah, whwtever it is it sounds nice, not to loud normal but gets nice and deep when i punch it. For $200 installed with muflfler i can't complain i also just noticed that i ahev one muflap left one my car on the front drivers side, the others got removed when i changed the rear bumber and pass side fender. I should probably take that off so I don't look like a moron

also jeffe7 is that what you paid that much for, if so i would go bitch, they should have easily been able to make that pipe with a mandrel bender without welding so many peices of pipe together

I paid about $300 for mine, aluminized mandrel bent pipe. THis price also include what I paid for a hooker single chamber muffler and a high flow cat. and it's all welded up no stupid clamps.

Here's my setup. $100 for the piping and muffler install.

exhaust.jpg

This is why i learned to fabricate. i do it myself at my shop. ASE certified auto welder.

Originally posted by honda_mach3@May 9 2003, 10:01 AM
This is why i learned to fabricate. i do it myself at my shop. ASE certified auto welder.

You mandrel bend or you weld your own custom constant diameter pipes?

Originally posted by Calesta+May 9 2003, 10:55 AM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 9 2003, 08:44 AM
CRX-YEM
@May 9 2003, 09:08 AM
THis price also include what I paid for a hooker

damn sounds like a good night :p

Not bad! :lol:

Jeffie- it looks like your lower control arm is hitting your exhaust every now and then...

Everyone seems to be running crush bent pipe- are there not any mandrel benders near you?

If you want to see exhaust hitting the LCA every once in a while, check out my car that now has ITR LCA's. The exhaust was fine with the sols LCA's but now it rests right on it.

I looked for so long and I could not find anyone that had mandrel benders.

s3e9dfdd18d9ba.jpg

Ouch. It's time to torch off that section of your exhaust and start over again. I guess it's a good thing I'm not getting ITR LCAs.

Yep, probally going to do it soon. When i reverse it rattles alot and sometimes when i hit big bumps. While I am at it, I am going to put a magnaflow straight though resonator in it

Back