looking for 300+ hp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by liquid00meth@May 10 2004, 10:39 PM

His posts should be edited to take out the horse shit.

:withstupid:
I actually hadn't read that particular post, must've accidentaly skipped it somehow. I hope he did a bit of apologizing, seeing that Cal nearly flipped a lid defending jeff. Anyway, he should erase a good bit of his posts, as there is plenty of factual data in this thread, none of which has near as much namecalling.

Actually Cal flipped a lid defending himself. But it is all past tense now. This has been a very interesting thread.

No, I'm still angry. No motherfucker apologized to me for being a total pompous asshole- and yes, I was trying to defend Jeff's point too.

This thread was one of those make-you-think type things, a good resource.

But I'm sorry, I can't look past someone who cites their "education" to appear smarter than someone else, then displays complete stupidity by misusing scientific terms.

I'm not suprised he hasn't apologized, or said anything else. Whats he going to say, "oh yeah by the way, I'm actually far less educated than the rest of you, and I was just trying to sound smart to belittle a person who is more important than me. I'm sorry for that"

haha I doubt it.

maybe he is not around, and a mod should do it? He didn't mean it at all, he is a nice guy, we talked. Sometimes, when you don't respond with anger and hold out your hand for discussion and hello's it works. This is a painfull thread to read now, the drama on it is not nec anymore. It was a misunderstanding between the same size turbo's and smaller VS larger turbo, which was the point I was making.

I was not clear, so its my fault. Sorry guys.

Jeff

liquid- no clue. Whatever.

Jeff- it's not your fault. I understand what you said perfectly. I just can't get over it when someone asks me to prove them wrong, and when I go about it in a polite way, they get all bent out of shape and start insulting your intelligence. I don't come on these boards to be treated like that.

Drama sucks, and it really takes a LOT to get me angry- especially with something as trivial as an online forum where people rarely see each other in person. The people on this board and all the other boards I'm on can vouch for how even tempered I usually am.

If he wants to come forth and apologize, that's fine. If he never posts here again, that's fine too. It's too bad that a wonderful thread had to get mucked up like this.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 10 2004, 05:24 PM
because different turbos, in your example- t3 super 60 vs sc61- the sc 61 is going to create MORE DENSE air. thus, fitting MORE air into a similar volume.

so, even though C motor flows Y cfm, bigger turbo will be throwing in more cfm, regardless of the engine size.

You seriously did not read my last post. And you obviously don't know jack about thermodynamics. I don't know jack about computers, but if a question regarding networking crap or javascript or whatever came up, and we were debating it, I wouldn't proceed to try to prove you wrong using weak arguments that do nothing but strengthen your position. That is what you are doing. Thanks
Mike

I had to post because you are really starting to irritate me. I'm a 2nd year chemistry major and I know that your logic is flawed. It dosent even take advanced compressor calculations to figure out what's going on.

First off, let's stop referring to air mass and start referring to it in moles because the overall molecule count is all we are really worried about.

Simple, Stupid:

PV=NrT

(Pressure)(Volume)=(Moles)(Constant)(Temperature)

We established that the pressure will remain constant among both turbos. Temperature will also remain constant (for the sake of arguement) and obviously the r value will remain constant because it is.

This leaves us with:

Volume = Moles

So in essence, how could a turbo that flows more cfm due to larger compressor area/radius not generate more horsepower at the same pressure? Granted the rods will see more tensile load under operation, as well as every other engine component. I'm no advocate for "psi kills engines", heat and combustion load kills engines.

I'm not going to tell you you're dumb or poor or try to claim superiority over you. M+E isn't even my field of choice. I just think you are throwing around some big terms that aren't even needed to explain what is going on and beat logic out of this once-constructive thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back