Looking for a 93-97 Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gauge

I'm looking for a nice first car. Been looking at Del Sols for quite some time. Need to know if anyone has one up for sale anywhere in Ohio. I'm not willing to drive cross-country for a car. I'm looking for a Red or Black ext, Black int., V-Tech (pref.), removable top, and basic rims and such. Also a manual trans please and under 150k miles. I don't need a supped up car yet. I plan on doing that down the line. Right now, I just need something to get me from point A to B. I'm gonna wait a bit before putting performance parts in it. Need anyone who has one in the Ohio region that wants to sell one for under 5-6K to email me please diesel_441@yahoo.com. I'm also curious as to anyone who has one, to let me know if there are any downfalls/problems with this type of car. Thank you all for your time and patience.

-JM

If it's outside the state, I can do shipping and such, just need to know approx. how much it'll be

*not a seller, just an informer*
My brother has a 93 Del Sol Si. They are a good reliable car, he has 103k miles and all hes done is replaced a distributor and a few small gaskets. They are quick also, the S has a 1.5L non-vtec (102hp), Si 1.6L SOHC Vtec (130hp) and Vtec 1.6L DOHC Vtec (165hp).

And all of the del-sols are targa top (top unlatches and is stored in trunk)
And Vtech is a phone, Vtec is Valve timing :lol:

From what ive seen, the del sols, other then S models, in your requirements still seem to be going for 5k+ , if its a nice newer Vtec then its 10k or so.

In 95-97 or 96-97 the del sol lost its Aux (fog light looking) lights and had a restyled from facia. Seems like where i am alot of people try to sell a 93 or 94 del sol and then try to fake it off as a 97 for more money.

and in 93 there was only a S and a Si, but no Vtec.

correct... 96-97 have the restyled fascia...

and GAUGE.. BUY MY CAR!! !:)

Also not a seller.

I own a 93 del Sol Si
The Si's and VTEC's for all model years came with rims, the S model came with hubcaps. Fat 5 design for 93-95, skinny 5 for 96-97.
The VTEC model had a rear sway bar.
Si and VTEC have 4 wheel disc brakes, S has rear drums.
The rear wing was an option for any trim level.
Si still has VTEC, but they are single cam, not dual (can be confusing to some)
Finding one with a power antenna can be nice, though lots of them rot and stop working, so most come with a fixed antenna

IMO, 93 has the nicest interior because there is no passenger airbag, makes the dash cleaner and the glovebox isnt an odd shape. The earlier ones IMO had nicer fabric pattern on the seats, and the 2 tone interior (Grey/Black instead of all Black)

An S or Si shoulnt be hard to find at or around 5000 in good condition. I bought mine from the original owner with 116,000 miles for 5200, so it can be done. Looking back i think i paid a bit too much too. So search around, they are a hard car to find un-molested and in good shape, so take your time and find a nice one. You are probably going to have to travel a little. Finding a VTEC for that price will probably be impossible unless the owner has got no fucking clue what the car is worth.

Problems are:
Roofs leak and squeak/rattle (easily fixed)
Ive replaced my distributer (common problem with all hondas)
Other then that, its been trouble free

My recommendation would be to get an Si. Dont even consider an S, they are dogs, and a VTEC sounds like its going to be out of your price range. Good luck with your search, theyre a great car!

-Chris

Back