Looking for a new car.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I suggest the SI or the GSR. I wish my parents had the money-or desire- to buy me a car for graduation...... Good luck man

I almost bought a 03 s10 4cyl 5spd same color brand new for 8899. That is a ripoff. I want a bagged s10. You should buy an s10 and swapped a 350 in it. That or if you want a truck buy a silverado. Some much more comfortable than the s10 and if you get the 4.8 or 5.3 it has some good power.
Buy what you want to drive, no one on here has to drvie it but you.

i saw a used tiburon in the new body style, buddy of mine just bought 1 for 14k

i think they are pimp as hell

either that or a newer vw golf

im a lil bored with hondas :p

Brought back from the dead once again...

Alright, so I'm back to looking for a car. My hatchback was stolen out of my high school parking lot today which is pretty fucked up. I was actually planning on keeping that little egg for a college commuter, now I need something else. A 97+ 240 sounds good but it's kind of hard to come by around here and when they are found, theyre kinda pricey. Like this beautiful piece of work, its the only 97+ 240 I found on the autotrader within 20 miles. 240. How about the 99+ GTI 1.8T. Those look nice and get pretty good gas mileage from what I've read, but whats the reliabilty factor on one of those volkswagens?

What about a used Acura RSX, those look like fun cars you can pick oen of those up for 16k

Or you can get one of these, bought mine for 15k :worthy:

Corvette2.jpg

hey, how about this dude...get a mazda 3 sedan. you can pick one up for brand new under 14k. This way, you get a brand new car and not something somebody else could have abused. from what i have read, the mazda 3's are decent cars, and the styling aint too bad. make sure you look up the sedan, though. the hatchbacks are like 15k plus. I think the mazda 3 sedan comes with a 140 h.p. so thats good enough for gettin up those hills and it's a 4 banger so it'll get good gas mileage. This is the car i told my mom to buy also. you should look into it.

Sorry for continually bringing this back from the dead but i need some input between the 2 cars that i plan to get next. The choice is between a 97+ 240sx and a 99+GTI 1.8T. The cars are about equal in gas mileage, about equal in power numbers, but the only thing keeping me away from the gti is the fact that its a volkswagen. This car has to last me throughout college without giving me much trouble. So, my question is, is the gti reliable and as easy to fix as the 240sx?

Originally posted by driverunknown@May 28 2004, 08:20 PM
buy a focus. It wont get stolen, gets decent mileage, and is cheap.

if you can keep it running... :blink:

did I just say that?? :unsure:

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Comments
WOW-------- JUST CAME IN 1997 240 SX SE 5 SPEED---------WOW CAR IS IN GREAT SHAPE WOW 80,000 ORIGINAL MILES SE MODEL WOW INCLUDES 5 STAR ALLOY WHEELS, REAR SPOILER, FOG LIGHTS WOW JUST LOOK @ PICTURE PLEASE DONT MISS OUT FIRST $11,995......... AUTO GALLERY OF SAN DIEGO (619) 666-1219 WOW

I don't know about Vdubs, I've had friends that have had many problems with them and I've known other people who have absolutely nothing go wrong with them. What about an eg coupe or hatch? or the 240 looks nice, you're price limit is 16k and it's only 11,995.

I did want a newer hatch or even an integra. Both cars being reliable, gas friendly, and relatively cheap. However the new reason I'm looking for a car is because my eh3 was stolen. College is next year and my car will be even more exposed in a more populated campus. I am leaning towards the 240 though.

Back