looking for seats

What seats for the sol

• All Black Cloth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Leat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

Ok it is a black del sol with black interior. The seats in there now are black with a red stripe. Im looking for some racing seats to spice up the interior and also for a little more hold in those tight turns. I dont know what color I shouold get or get the Leather racing seat. I sat in the leather one and it is nice. Although the weigh about the same as mine right now. Problem with the leather is del sol topless and leather equals burnt ass. so now its pretty much a cosmetic thing. Vote away!

:werd:

Get very mildly styled racing seats- Sparco, Corbeau, Recaro... they're not that expensive, you'll be a LOT happier than with used seats, and they'll hold you in damn well through the turns.

black leather seats will add weight...and if you get in on a really hot day you'll need a skin graph on that section of your legs. Get some good black cloth seats with nice side bolstering...

but barring my advice I'm always on the look out for some GSR leather seats. :ph34r:

I have a set of SPARCO seasts RED Non-Adjustable seats for sale from my old EG Hatch. They are custom mounted onto the civic rails so you can utilize the seat belt. Im looking for 600 shipped OBO. Passenger side is in new condition, Drivers side is getting detailed (cleaned) as we speak. Im located in NY, NY 11428. Let me know if you interested, i believe the seats rails in the EG are the same so its a direct bolt on.

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 27 2004, 02:00 PM
you'll be a LOT happier than with used seats, and they'll hold you in damn well through the turns.

???? these are new seats that are shaped like those but is made with leather. Also would the factory seatbelt work or would I hvae to get a harness right away. Im waiting on the harness

Originally posted by SolPWR+Apr 28 2004, 12:24 AM-->
@Apr 27 2004, 02:00 PM
you'll be a LOT happier than with used seats, and they'll hold you in damn well through the turns.

???? these are new seats that are shaped like those but is made with leather. Also would the factory seatbelt work or would I hvae to get a harness right away. Im waiting on the harness

Ok, well you didn't specify what seats you were going to get, so I just assumed that you were going to replace your Sol seats with another set of OEM seats. That's the way it seemed to me from your wording anyway.

As for harnesses, there's no way to really tell if your stock belts will work ok. Most racing seats that recline will work fine with your stock belts. I use the stock belts with my Corbeau TRSs in my Civic, and they're great. Quite a few fixed back racing seats will have a bar or some part of the structure running diagonally between the seat back and the base, and your seat belt might decide that it wants to sit against the seat and not your hips. If that happens to you, a harness would be the safest option. In that situation, the stock seat belt is holding the seat down, not you- and if you do line the seat belt up to your body, it's usually sitting at about the height of your stomach. If you get into a wreck, you're in trouble...

Originally posted by Sobe_Death@Apr 27 2004, 11:44 PM
well you should give me your old seats when you are done with them...

Were you talking to me or the thread starter? :unsure:

the only problem with aftermarket seats in the sol, with most seat brackets, your going to sit up a little higher.

lol im a big fan of SOLpwr giving me his seats when he's done :p

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 2 2004, 09:49 PM
the only problem with aftermarket seats in the sol, with most seat brackets, your going to sit up a little higher.

yup :( thats why im not using my corbeaus

my head would be rubbing on the ceiling with a helmet on :(

oh well

kirkey time :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi+May 3 2004, 01:14 AM-->
asmallsol
@May 2 2004, 09:49 PM

yup :( thats why im not using my corbeaus

my head would be rubbing on the ceiling with a helmet on :(

oh well

kirkey time :)

Interesting... every Corbeau install I've sat in puts you lower than the stock seats- but I've never sat in a set in a del Sol.

Originally posted by jdmvteccrx@May 11 2004, 12:18 AM
get the cloth. black.

have you looked into rsx seats? they are sweeeeet!

i dont like them,my dad has them and im 6 foot 140-150 pounds and i think its to loose,i feel like im swimming in those seats.

Back