looking to turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95eg

Hey guys im looking to turbo my hatch and i dont have alot of money right now but im interested on your guys opinion... im debating to go with the b18v or save up for another year to get the gsr engine... in the long run i want to turbo it but the engine i put in there will be stock for a while....i will built the engine up over time, but with not have alot of money will the b18v be alright or will i regret it? either one i want to port and polish the head... if i do the b18 i can find them local on craigslist and slap on a b16 head...

You said you wanted to do it cheap, but you can do the ls vtec. If you want to do it cheap as you can then just turbo a stock b18 they will hold up good. Close to 13-15 psi if its tuned right.

You said you wanted to do it cheap, but you can do the ls vtec. If you want to do it cheap as you can then just turbo a stock b18 they will hold up good. Close to 13-15 psi if its tuned right.

PSI is irrelevant. You don't know the turbo size, exact combustion chamber size, what the tune is like, etc

13-15 on a t25 is far different from 13-15psi on a GT45R.

that being said, if you are trying to do a "cheap" turbo setup, my advice to you is to start becoming VERY friendly with your local junkyards/craigslist, and don't expect too much out of it.

the PROPER way to go about this would be to save up your cash, and choose a power goal. a bone stock LS is generally good for ~200whp depending on the mileage, etc. less mileage,a little more power might be feasible.

a good place to look for deals on used parts is craigslist. a lot of people get in a pinch for money and the first thing to go is the toys. id start small and turbo the stock LS, if you want more you can always save up again and rebuild the engine for more power.

how much do you think it will cost to turbo a b18? and then when i want to add more power i could just add a b16 or gsr head right?

If you want to do it right, expect to spend ~2-3k.

Adding more power is as simple as increasing boost and getting it retuned. Though a VTEC head is an option, and will help no doubt.

Why don't you tell us exactly how much money you have to spend here? Do that and we can give you a better run-down on what's possible within your budget...

idk about money wise but i am willing to save up to get a better system... i dont want to cut corners and do it cheap now and in the long run having to replace everything... i have a friend that has a lsv turbo thats pushing 5... but he has spent like 20,000 on the car so far... not all engine... but he did bore it and sleeve it and changed and built the entire block....

i guess i want to have a good hp hatch that will be pretty quick... and keep saving and doing things over time... i guess im just not sure if a gsr will be that big of a difference for the price over a lsv if i start to built it up and turbo both... i guess i need to figure out what my base would be then looking at parts for that.... i guess i was thinking that if i buy a ls and ride it for a while then i can get a b16 or gsr head a couple months later... then build the head and start buying a turbo....

sorry im thinking out loud.... but if i buy a ls from criagslist i can find them for around 600-800 but i dont know what kinda condition they have been through.... if i go to hmotor its like 2000 and i might as well just save up the extra grand and get a gsr... then you guys said a decent turbo is around 3000 and building a complete engine head and block i would say around 3500 - 4000.... its a work in progress i just am trying to find what i should buy so i could just start ordering parts and getting me set up with a sweet eg

20,000 on an integra? someone has no idea what theyre doing. ive spent less than half that on my hatch, and i have a car capable of 450-500whp. and that includes repainting the car, and suspension and what not.

the reason i say get a gsr swap is because everything is already there, no need to go searching around for little odds and ends to complete an lsv setup

Back