Lordy, do I hate PETA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

When peta gets animals to stop eating other animals, then i will do the same... well probably not then either, cause that will mean more meat for me.

Some animal byproducts simply aren't good for you. Eating the ass off a cow is tasty, but there is no way that should be your diet.

Drinking milk is something that human's shouldn't do either. Last I knew, there was nothing in nature that taught us to suck off the teat of a beast.

Also, when it comes down to it I was brought around when my dad had his heart attack - The doctor told him to cut down on the meat and milk. So my question was : "Why should it be there in the first place?"

In defense of Meat: Humans started eating bits and twigs that they gathered on the forest floors. Berries and veggies. That was all we pretty much did like any other animal: Reproduce, eat and sleep. When the first human killed another animal, they managed to eat for weeks, get their protein and nutrients, and spend time doing other things like building Fords. Meat is the key to society.

In defense of being a modern vegetarian (Of which I'm not): Humans are omnivorous, yes. But if we were really meant to eat meat, why do we need forks and knives ? I mean, other meat eaters don't. Our teeth aren't made for eating meat, and our bodies aren't strong enough to rip into a carcass.

In defense of the overal jist of things: We are evolving. And if our bodies begin to take us away from eating meat, then I say let it happen. If meats are giving you gastric distress, a belly, really bad odors and causing hair loss - then fuck it, don't eat meat. Maybe it's your body trying to tell you something ! My suggestion for everyone is to cut down on the meats that you eat, except Fish. Not enough people eat fish (And if they did, populations would be wiped out within a few years). Just cut down on it, and you'll begin to feel something - whether you're sicker or healthier. If you're sicker, then adjust.

There shouldn't be overall rules out there for eating meat. Like "You need two servings of beef everyday" or some shit like that. You DO need a specific amount of vitamins from vegetables, but meats offer corollaries to that rules.

When I was living in NH I was too poor to afford meat. Pasta, veggies and lots of walking (To work and around town) made me feel absolutely great. Now though, I eat meat for that energy boost that keeps me going (And I gained 3 pounds. hah.)

We will, as evolution points out, begin to eat less and less meat. Which overall is good because it's easier to maintain the footprint of a corn crop than it is the walking grounds of cattle. Also, Cattle tends to eat a lot more food than it provides, which is a system that can't maintain itself.

And without government farm subsidies, a hamburger would cost $20.

I'm all for decreasing consumption of unhealthy meats for health's sake, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stop eating meat altogether "for the sake of the defenseless animals".

They were bred, raised, and die on farms for a reason.

I think that within our kid's life times, you'll see the end of the cattle ranch as we know it.

Not such a terrible thing - it will be like Mainland China at that point - Beef costing $32 a pound and the like. Welcome to living like the rest of the world.

I'm all for eating healthy and leading a healthy lifestyle. Meat does have tremendous benefits, to some people. It all depends on what your bloodtype is, body type, metabolism, etc. Not all people can eat a burger and have healthy results. But the key to eating healthy is MODERATION, a word that the average American has no clue what it means concerning food. It's not healthy to eat a 1 lb. hamburger, fries, and a milkshake. And that's what the key is balance. In the video they said something about being a vegatarian, "...and that doesn't include eating fish." It's just the tree humping hippy mentality behind most of the PETA activists that boils my blood.

Steve, you have things a little backwards.

Milk is very good for the body. Many nutrients, protein, minerals, vitamins, etc. Its an animal product so it contains cholesterol - this doesn't mean that it shouldn't be in our diet. You need cholesterol in your diet, both LDLs and HDLs.

Same is to be said for meat. Some neo doctors say that one should never have red meat, while others claim that one should have red meat atleast 4 times a month. In my opinion the best diet is a varied diet; poultry, meat, fish, eggs, complex carbohydrates, etc.

If you have heart disease then meat may not be a good choice for you. There was a study performed in the late 80's/early 90's that proved that heart disease could be reversed through diet, exercise, and stress management. The diet that the participants were put on was strictly vegetarian because their heart disease was so severe and most had blockages of 90-95% - the primary reason for the vegetarian diet however was to go to the extreme and prove that heart disease could be reversed and then they planned to prove in later studies that with a mixed diet heart disease could be reversed but at a slower rate of progress.

Eggs are one of the few complete foods available in the world. It provides a complete chain of amino acids and nutrients but are also high in cholesterol. Does this mean we should stop eating eggs and in turn have to eat 4 different kinds of foods to get that complete chain of amino acids when it can simply be obtained through eating eggs?

<span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#6633FF"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms"></span>NUH UH !</span></span>

Back