lost a wheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

So I was driving back to school tonight down the highway at about 70mph and my front left wheel decided to detatch from my vehicle. So I steered off the road and nobody was hurt. Never found the wheel either. I suck at writing these little storys so thats all for now. BTW this happened on my POS winter beater blazer tahoe.

ive had that happen before ... definatly scary shit
glad to hear youre ok

holy shit. i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the sol! lol few...........

glad to hear you're ok.

well... that would have sucked. Glad you're not hurt.

How'd the suspension, rotor, etc fair?

i check the rotor (bottom half was underground) and it looked ok. I was amazed. I woulda tried to drive it if i could have found the wheel. I lookede for like 45 min. but it was gone. This shit happens whenever i try to drive anything american.

Quoted post[/post]]
i check the rotor (bottom half was underground) and it looked ok. I was amazed. I woulda tried to drive it if i could have found the wheel. I lookede for like 45 min. but it was gone. This shit happens whenever i try to drive anything american.

:bustout: Gotta love American quality.

That''s sucks...but glad ur iight.

It happened to me on my old suzuki quad on a way to a field kegger. Found the wheel, remounted and drove back to my house for better tightening. Tightened, rode back to the party. :p

I was in an auto shop when we heared a massively loud BOOM! followed immediately by a SMACK!

I ran outside to discover a wheel had fallen off of a mobile home trailer at highway speed, was headed right for the shop but grazed a dumpster and hit the side quarter panel of a customer's car. Dented the dumpster pretty good and caved in the side of the car. They looked at it, opened the car's hatch, popped the dent right out (it was huge, too) and picked the marker light up off of the ground, and snapped it back into place. The car was perfectly fine. funny shit. I bet they didn't tell the owner.

Anyway, I hopped into my car and chased down the driver, called in his plates, and the cops busted him. Not sure what happened. I just didn't want him to get away scott free.. I'm pretty sure he had no idea it had happened though. Just seemed like the right thing to do. Dumpster is still dented, car was fixed for free.. :dunno:

At one point we had a whole bunch of trailer truck wheels flying all over the place here in Ontario.. killing people on the highway on impact..
So they had inspection stops on the side of a couple highways and more strict laws enforced for inspections..

Imagine driving beside a truck and the wheel comes flying off..

Good to hear that you are okay tho man... how much is it costing u to fix??

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Why did the wheel come off?
I came off because i'm a retard. I've never torqued a lug nut in my life, i've always just used my impact and called it good. I was at my buddys shop putting my snow tires on and i assumed his snap-on impact was good. It wasn't. I felt like it worked but i guess not. From this point on I will always torque lug nuts. I'm just glad this didn't happen to a customer vehicle.

Quoted post[/post]]
At one point we had a whole bunch of trailer truck wheels flying all over the place here in Ontario.. killing people on the highway on impact..
So they had inspection stops on the side of a couple highways and more strict laws enforced for inspections..

Imagine driving beside a truck and the wheel comes flying off..

Good to hear that you are okay tho man... how much is it costing u to fix??

Not gonna cost me a thing to fix. I'm gonna mount up my spare and just run it. I don't think the rotor cracked or anything so i'll just machine it. The worste part is I go to school for this shit and the cars 100 miles away and theres nothing i can do.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

:bustout: Gotta love American quality.

as much as i hate american cars when i hit the deer this weekend at 85 my chevy van did awesome so i liked it

i've had a couple experiences like this

the worst one by far was when i was driving in the dark/snow on a highway going to see a movie or some shit
i had borrowed my old man's taurus

so i;m just driving along in the left hand lane of a 4 lane higheway with a grass median when a tractor trailer tire comes flying out of no where
it flew across the front of the car and just missed the front bumper by no more than 6 inches
if that thing had hit the car i would prob be dead now...

Quoted post[/post]]
i've had a couple experiences like this

the worst one by far was when i was driving in the dark/snow on a highway going to see a movie or some shit
i had borrowed my old man's taurus

so i;m just driving along in the left hand lane of a 4 lane higheway with a grass median when a tractor trailer tire comes flying out of no where
it flew across the front of the car and just missed the front bumper by no more than 6 inches
if that thing had hit the car i would prob be dead now...

was there at least a rest area where you could stop and wipe the poop out of your pants?

nope, just exits...

the weird thing is that NOTHING stopped...
no brake lights, no trucks flipping over, nothing...
so it had to be a spare or one wheel off a dually but that tire was MOVING...

Yeah they usualy do have quite a bit of speed. Tow company couldn't even find mine today in the daylight.

Back