lowered civic camber adjust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kpjuni

i have a 2000 civic si, slammed. im not sure how far, i bought it that way, it is running tokico struts and eibach springs. the car is lowered so far that my camber is adjusted as far as possible. and im still wearing the insides of my front tires heavily. at least twice as fast as the rest of the tire. i hear i can buy 'camber plates'. but i cant find anything like that anywhere. i hear i can get lower camber arms off of an older accord or something that can adjust farther..
anybody know what i can do? and no, im not going to raise the car back up! heheh

i know you dont give a fuck ... but having your car "slammed" like that is fucking up the geometry of your suspension
that lowers the handling capabilities of your car
if you were to raise it up a little and get the geometry correct
your ride would be smoother
your camber would be at a much more acceptable angle
your tires will last longer
your car will be able to corner harder
etc etc etc

but you dont care so fuck it
get a camber kit

hmmm did someone say "bandaid on a bullet hole???"
whuteva

how low is just right ?? i think my car is slammed and i have camber but its not that bad i think the back is like - .7 and -.8... i know this probably isnt an acurate way of messuring how to lower a car but around how many inches should the top of the wheel well to the floor be??

Originally posted by kpjuni@Dec 23 2003, 02:06 AM
whew.. easy now....

that makes scince, and thanks for the idea

sorry im a handling freak :)

how low is just right ?? i think my car is slammed and i have camber but its not that bad i think the back is like - .7 and -.8... i know this probably isnt an acurate way of messuring how to lower a car but around how many inches should the top of the wheel well to the floor be??

the easiest way to know if you are "too low" is to look at the LCAs from the back... they should slope slightly upward twards the middle of the car (level is OK but not quite as good)... but if they slope downward... your geometry is bad and your handling will suffer

there is not much you can really do about this unless you have adjustable coilovers
unless you switch to a taller spring

on my sol i have 6" ground to chasis in the rear with .5" rake to the front for a measurment of 5.5" (i think it ended up being 24.5" to the tops of the wheel wells front and rear {2 fingers of wheel gap}... not 100% sure on the number though ... i set it up almost a year ago)

i got those neuspeed race springs (2.0, 1.8) and my car is just fine looks slammed but handles better than any car out here :D . In fact its so low i couldnt get my buddies lift under it to get an oil change. thank god speedy has those trenches

Back