Lowering Question!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

npk9

I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I just got a 97 civic hx (not much pontential I know). But I'm not too interested in high performance as I am just having my car look nice. I just got 17" rims on it and I would like to lower the car. I'm not sure which way to go - I've done searches and I only come across threads that are appropriate w/cars that go a lot faster then mine. I'm not sure where to start - if you guys can give me some direction that would be great!
Thanks! :snail:

I would recomend some good quality spring and strut combo. as far as springs go I like eibach, nuespeeds, or teins. As far as struts, tokiko or KYB. look into those first and see what works for your wallet. If you want to adjust the height of your car from time to time, you could go with a coil over setup, but ask yourself how often would you really do this. Also changing the height of the ride changes the geometry of the car and you may have to align it after everytime you make an adjustment.

matt

or you could run skunk2 coiloverz and koni yellows :)

they will give you adjustability and a nice firm sporty ride

if you're just going for looks and don't give a damn about handling or peformance (which you should) you could always go with a simple set of lowering springs :shrug2:

So then it is safe to say that I shouldstay away from the cheap stuff like Bomz and HP. I was just wondering how all of them differ.
Thanks for the input :worthy:

actually even though HP is cheap, ive never really heard anything bad about them. ever, soo those might not be a bad decision.

How about dropzone? ever heard of them - are they reputable?

Just as a referance for you i have a 96 4dr with 17's and Eibach sportslingsprings with KYB GR-2 shocks and the rides great. About 1/2 of a finger between the tire and fender.

dropzones and stock struts.

why dump the money on something good if you're not into performance?

Back