Lowering/Replacement springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SHOGUNOVDDRK

ok so i got bored at work like i am now and had a sesh and checked out egay...

as i well and truly know it my suspension is fucked and to save time i was thinking of putting some lowering springs on or just replace with some substandard springs.....

and here is the question.....will 1988-1991 crx/civic springs/suspension fit on my 86 without heavy modification?

what does everyone think of these
eBay Australia: Honda Civic / CRX EC, ED, EF Lowered Dobinson Springs (item 190109766137, end time 14-May-07 16:51:01 AEST)

im not sure what to buy so suggestions are more then welcome.....im looking for cheap but effective so please HELP

no, they won't

the EF's have spring over strut suspension, your car has torsion bars up front

EF (all 4 look similar to this):
1_naked_hub.jpg

EW front:
aab.png

I don't think the rears will fit...but there are companies that make springs for the 1g/3g

eBay Motors: INTRAX LOWERING SPRINGS HONDA CRX CIVIC 84-87 (item 270097431276 end time Jun-05-07 23:14:28 PDT)
-its only 2 springs for the rear

when you lower the rear of car, the axle is going to move over to one side..you'll need an adjustable panhard bar

the fronts easy to lower, just loosen the torsion bar nut and slide it down (make sure it doesn't touch your CV joint)

3 words for you

I

U

not as in im going to rape you but thank fuck for a answer to a question that has some australian shipping.....

sure its a lil pricey but oh fucking well...i called around 30 places today from australia to see if anyone had near new/aftermarket lowering/suspension sets and got told that im stupid and another put me on loud speaker...now to ask if they can get me a 1piece hood for my shitbox or just something

i know i can buy one of those from redpepper but one problem.....they wont fucking ship it to me....

Last edited:
Bringing back an old thread. What if someone had a 2g parts car and 1g with trashed front suspension. If that individual was willing to swap all the front suspension parts would it bolt up?

nope sorry bro it wouldnt bolt up....

it would require alot of cutting and welding and a whole lot of custom work done :(

so in short nope sorry....

but some parts are interchangable between 1g's and 2g's ^_^

Back