lowering springs Vs Coil overs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This thread is a little old. I wouldn't rely on what it says...

Holy shit, this thread has been resurrected from the dead... twice lol.

But i'll add something productive anyway...

"Best" would be the wrong word IMO. "Goal" would be better. As in, what's the goal you have for your vehicle...

If it's just going to be a daily driver, then the "best" would be completely stock. If you just want slightly better handling and a better looking stance, then the "best" would be some quality lowering springs with a quality aftermarket shock/strut. The list goes on. You get the point...

Don't forget, there is a compromise. You can't get autocross quality suspension set up AND stock/smooth ride quality.

Don't forget, there is a compromise. You can't get autocross quality suspension set up AND stock/smooth ride quality.

Actually, you can- just takes really good quality dampers. Just rode in my buddy's Miata with brand new custom ASTs- more than triple the stock spring rates and about 3 inches lower, but smooth as stock with even more control.

Actually, you can- just takes really good quality dampers. Just rode in my buddy's Miata with brand new custom ASTs- more than triple the stock spring rates and about 3 inches lower, but smooth as stock with even more control.
Yeah but then the compromise becomes an empty wallet lol.

Yes, well: comfort, stick, cheap- pick 2, right? :D Just don't say it can't be done. ;)
Ah come on Cal, you knew what I meant lol.

If you wanna get technical with the "never say can't" stuff, we can dig deeper into the alignment angles it takes to have a good autocross set up and how those angles will affect tire wear on a daily driven vehicle that will eventually lead to an overall crappy ride quality due to chopped tires... lol.

Ah come on Cal, you knew what I meant lol.

If you wanna get technical with the "never say can't" stuff, we can dig deeper into the alignment angles it takes to have a good autocross set up and how those angles will affect tire wear on a daily driven vehicle that will eventually lead to an overall crappy ride quality due to chopped tires... lol.

:p

You can actually have a pretty good alignment for autocross that won't eat tires on the street too- it won't be the most aggressive you can get, but still waaaaaaaaay better than OEM spec.

Back