Ls Hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrLewis84

What kind or 1/4 mile can i expect from a Ls w/Gs-r tranny in my 96 hatch???....and how will i hold up against Si's and Gs-r's ???? Any body have an idea?

light modifications can bring you up beating gsr and si. if you know what you're tweaking, you'll be satisfied. the best i've seen and DRIVEN was my friend's LS all motor that ran 13.4 in EG6.

you will hang in there with them but most likely you will end up losing (no offense) with the quarter mile time there is no way to tell you what you would run people drive different

LS has like 115 horse or something like that and the gsr ttranny isn't gonna help that much . . . you might beat a ls integra or ex civic . .. but thats probably about it

do some internals . . just some high compression pistons (relatively inexpensive) will give you quite a bit of power

Originally posted by EG6D16Z6_NA@Sep 3 2003, 06:52 PM
light modifications can bring you up beating gsr and si. if you know what you're tweaking, you'll be satisfied. the best i've seen and DRIVEN was my friend's LS all motor that ran 13.4 in EG6.

13.4 Ls hatch with light mods? I dono ..I've seen b16 92 hatch barely break low 14's with i/h/e and good tires. My friends 94 hatch with b18c1, with i/e/ crower cams ran a best of 14.2....Whats all ur buddy done to his ls motor? 13.4 is hard to believe, possible but really hard to believe bro.

Gearing is very important, the LS can move though but like stated above a 13.4 with an LS and light mods,,,too good mang....what else did this peep have on his ride.

Milan

I agree, its alittle hard to believe that a "lighty" modded Ls can run around a 13.4, shit my best run is a 13.6 on street tires and i have a H22a in my 92 hatch with I/H/E.....but if you put enough money into the Ls, or shit even turbo it, you can pick up some "decent" times.

I think you should be able to beat stock SIs pretty easily if you drive it right... i can beat stock SIs all day with my ls from the launch, and gsrs barely pull in the highs. im not sure about the weight of the 96 hatch but if its less than the the teg you should be able to take stock gsrs.

Originally posted by EG6D16Z6_NA@Sep 3 2003, 01:52 PM

hey fellas i read his post again and he does't say that his friends car ran a 13.4 with light modifications. he said with light modification you can bet gsr's and si's

ok.....my motor is in my car now and it feels pretty good. Its only been 2 days so I haven't ran any body yet.....but it feels like the car doesn't get moving until like 3500 rpms....it almost feels like vtec.......i have stock piping and a muffler on the car , could that be the problem.

MrLewis,
this maybe a little bit of an inconvenience for you...but would you happen to have a complete list of parts you used in the swap...i'm trying to gather info on wat parts i need for an ls swap into my Ek hatch...i only have the bare block and head...so if theres any info you can give me...it would be really helpfull...

ok.... I bought .......
Ls Long Block (Jdm obd 1)
My Motor was from an automatic car so i needed Flywheel clutch and pressure plate
I had the plugs rewired on the distributer to work with my obd2 harness
Gs-r Tranny
Si shift linkage (both sides)
Energy suspension shift Linkage bushings
B Series Exhaust manifold
B series Front right tranny mount bracket (not the mount)
B series Rear Engine Bracket (not the mount)
The timing belt Bracket -Si not integra(the bracket that comes out the timing belt side motor with 2 bolts sticking str8 up in the air) from what i understand that was only needed because it was a b18 swap i won't need that 1 if it was a b16
Axels and Drive shaft
I was told i would need 97 Delsol ac compressor bracket but i used the 1 that came on my motor and it worked fine

I used my stock, computer, injectors, harness, & most of the bolts were the same

.............Might have for gotten some little stuff but that should be most of it

Check out www.Jdmhondaparts.com go in the site and click "engine" then click "engine faq"...then go to question 22 they have info and diagrams there

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by MrLewis84@Sep 3 2003, 01:44 PM
What kind or 1/4 mile can i expect from a Ls w/Gs-r tranny in my 96 hatch???....and how will i hold up against Si's and Gs-r's ???? Any body have an idea?

do the swap and you will rape a si if you can drive as far as the gsr get so bolt ones and loss so weight and you'll rape it as well i have seen it done and ya the ls has 142 hp and it like 130 something torqe the si has like 110 120 torqe till vtec kicks in so pull strong at the start

usdm ls has 140 hp and 128 torge jdm has 142 hp with 128 or 129 torge (not sure on the jdm but one of those). ls in a hatch would be able to beat a stock si and with i/h/e it would be able to beat an si with same mods and would also beat a real gsr(in its orginal body). ls in a hatch might beat a 99-00 si in another hatch body if driven properly but would not beat a gsr in a hatch body. people would tell you they run 11 sec, 12 sec, 13 sec, and 14 sec on the 1/4 mile, dont believe them until you see it first hand. some people are all talk but shit. i have a 96 hatch cx with 98 jdm with cold air and leakage between my stock header and stock pipe pluse some weight deduction i ran 14.8 and my friend has a delso with usdm b18c1 ran 14.8 with straight pipe. i know i could done better and i will when i learn how to launch right.

i have a 98 jdm GSR B18c complete motor swap. now i got new cold air intake, dc 4-1 header, OBX high flow cat, fullcatback exhaust system by "Fsudo" dont even know that brand.

sorry for the multiple posts. I have raced many cars such as, doch si in hatch's, ls/vtech in hatchs, and other GSR usdm version and I won all the races. I lost to the new accord 6sp 240hp by about 5 inches because my second butterfly aka second vtec was not hook up, the guy did 15.5 sec in 1/4. I lost to a WRX by 4-5 cars and caught up by third gear. i lost because of wheel spinning too much, the wrx doing 14.6 on 1/4 so he obviousely kick my ass anytime. All of these races are done when my car still bone stock with my tank top shirt as an air filter. so, from my racing experiences and first hand see with my own eyes, an ls in a hatch is fast but would be an interesting race against a doch si in a hatch.

my buddy had an LS in a 95 hatch and he wasn't satisfied because he kept losing to GSR's by a hair, and SI's are the same story. The LS will take a SI or GSR on the launch, but if you race it out to acutally see who is faster (through 3rd and 4th gear) then you will tell. One of my other friends as an all motor LS in iteg. and he is dead nuts with a B16 Hatch-i/e. try a B16 or if you have more money, an Gsr.

Darin

Back