1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ls/rs/gs/?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 2rzfe, Nov 6, 2004.

1. 2rzfe

2rzfe Junior Member

What are the differences between the LS, RS, and GS. I think the GS is the four door. But I can't find the difference between LS and RS.

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

The difference is just options between the cars. same chassis, same motor, same transmission(s).

I know Bdizzles GS has a moonroof, power locks, power windows, fog lamps, etc.

3. Nopspawn

Nopspawn Senior Member

rs is like the dx for the civic, lowest model. it has basic features. no moonroof, manual windows, so it's the lightest of them all. ls is a step up with a moonroof, power windows and locks a/c standard. gs is another step up with leather seats. gsr is a step up from that boasting the b18c1 engine, and last is the type r with looses the moonroof, leather and what not for the coveteed b18c5 engine.

4. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

RS - No Power Options. Crank windows, Manual Locks, No Cruise, No CD player. Does have AC

LS - Some Power Options, Cruise, Does have AC...

GS - All Power, Sunroof, Alloys, Does have AC...

You can always search...

5. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

just gotta add that my rs came with power windows and a cd player. lots of the opinions did make it into the lower models but he is right if we are talking the bone stock versions. and they made a 4dr of every model including the gsr but excluding the type r.

6. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

one big thing that the RS lacked was a moonroof and no ABS. Both make the teg lighter, and for autocross, the RS is pretty desireable, because you can put a gsr in the RS and then run it in DSP. Same power as the GSR but alot lighter.

7. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

OVer here, yes. Japan, No. There was a 4 door Type R in Japan. And I was saying, that base RS's didnt come with hardly any options.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted