Ls Turbo Options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turtl631

I wanna hit at least 275 whp with a turbo LS, have a very streetable car (little boost under 3k rpms), and keep the teg absolutely reliable, at least as much as i can with a turbo. I plan to use Hondata or an equivalent. What is a good turbo to reach these goals? Cost? What internal upgrades do i need to keep the motor from blowing? Thanks!

$775 +shipping. It's called an SC34 or SC50. Either one will easily make that kind of HP on an LS.

I'd guess that 275 is going to have you on borderline reliability without a full build.

The most important thing your going to want to look at is getting a Hondata (or similar) system, and proper tuning. That is where reliability lies.

pissedoffsol recommended a t3 60-1 a while back. how does this compare to the sc34 or sc50 in both performance and price? in terms of building the block, as long as its tuned well, would rods, pistons, and maybe springs/valves be sufficient? can i run stock cams with this setup as long as i get adjustable cam gears? thanks again!

the t3 60-1 is a little bigger than the sc34 or sc50. but its really not. its a different family of compressor wheel, so its kinda the same size but its not. if that makes any sense.

if you GOAL is 275 whp, i think all those are too big.
a small trim like 57, 60/60 a/r t3/t04e hybrid will probably be your best bet

I was just going to say the 60 is way too big for that app.

I'd reccomend a hybrid, t3/t04e. It seems like they work the best at those HP ranges.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 19 2003, 07:48 PM
the t3 60-1 is a little bigger than the sc34 or sc50. but its really not. its a different family of compressor wheel, so its kinda the same size but its not. if that makes any sense.

if you GOAL is 275 whp, i think all those are too big.
a small trim like 57, 60/60 a/r t3/t04e hybrid will probably be your best bet

Uh, isn't the SC34 the 57 trim 60ar/60ar t3/t04e Turbo?

:wtf:

I THOUGHT that was what is in my garage!

:blink:

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 20 2003, 12:02 AM
Uh, isn't the SC34 the 57 trim 60ar/60ar t3/t04e Turbo?

it is. but he was talking about the t3 60-1
and a 60-1 is not a to4e... at best, its closet to a to4b

http://www.precisionte.com is their site. i'm not sure if you can order directly from them or not. they might have a dealer list... if not, i can rec a few people

ok, say 300 whp is my goal. same turbos? and what psi would i be running with the aforementioned turbos to hit 275? finally, whats a good hp target for a daily driver teg that i want to be really really fun, but not impossible to drive anywhere or terrible gas mileage? thanks everybody!

psi means nothing.

its all about the amount of air, and the power created. psi doesn't blow motors, horsepower and detonation does. its a big misconception.

how many it will take your car to hit 300whp, depends on your car.
how well does it flow (how much air can your motor use)
what compression is your motor
what kind of tuning do you have- is it conservative, or getting close to stoich

well, when i get the integra ls, it will be stock. so stock b18b. whats a good source for t3/t04e turbos? will one stay mostly out of boost until about 3k, so i can get decent mileage and streetability? im kinda confused b/c before you told me that a t3 60-1 would be best for around 300 whp while not hitting boost til around 3k, and now you say its too big...help!

It's going to need to have upgraded internals, valve train to get to 300 whp. No way is a stock ls with that kind of turbo setup gonna last.

He said get a 57, 60/60 a/r t3/t04e hybrid, that would be best.

so the precision sc-34 is the turbo sol recommends? i just wanna get this straight, sorry i'm such an idiot :) this board is an awesome resource, there's so much knowledge in one place here. i just have to soak it all up!

Back