Ls/turbo Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Raxx

Alright, heres the deal, I got a 90 4 door teg, and I want to be the ultimate sleeper :D. Ok my LS has 155k miles, and my tranny is about to go out. I want to turbocharge my car, and I have about 3-3500 dollars to work with. I also want to rebuild my internals so I can up the boost. By the way, do I need to rebuild the head too if I wanted to up the boost? I want you guys opinions for the following options: (whichever should be best)

-Just slap a turbo on it til my tranny or motor blows?
-Turbo at 5-6 psi along wit a rebuild or used tranny (which is better?) with a ACT Clutch until the motor blows?
-Turbo with internals (meaning rods and low compression pistons) so I can up the boost like umm laz say 10? And if I did that would I have to build the head?

What is best for me to do?

Thanks

it's pretty much a trick with that motor. first, you needs some rods, either aftermarkets, or shot peen them. hone out your block for proper ring seal, build your head such as valve seating, guide, cams, springs, etc. some new pistons, fuel components, and all that goodie stuff then slap your turbo on. but this means big bucks bro. i suggest you get a new car or drop in a new motor.

Back