LS Turbo Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm pushing 11-12 psi right now...more this spring when I get my new turbo and some more tuning...

Well I plan on buying a pretty good turbo like turbonetics. How much psi with those 525cc?

its not about psi. if you use a samller turbo then it could run 40 psi if you use a bigger turbo you could max them out at 18 psi.

injectors are based off of horse power. 525cc, could put you in 370 hp range.

What do you think of this setup???

B18b
440cc Injectors
Stage 2 Rev Hard
10psi

Would this be safe on my motor and how much horsepower do you think it will make?????

ok i even looked but i dont know what trim and a.r. the t3/t04e is with that kit.

it seems offily expensive. you can build a kit better than that for little over 1500,

but a t3/t4 57 trim with .6 ar on both sides at 10 psi should give you like 260 hp maby 230 flb. if you get a good tune. you are looking at 250 hp easy.

please dont but a turbo kit. you are just wasting money. from what i saw lookig for the turbo they use the kit costs 2500 and that is not with a chiped ecu or a tune or injectors. they want you to use stock ones wich is shit.

I really dont plan on boosting for a really long time. I just wanted to get ideas and opinions. well whats a really good choice for something fast that can be put into an EG6.

what you said is a good idea. b18b with pistons and rods, sleves couldnt hurt. and bild a turbo kit. you would be in the 12,s in the 1/4 and would put 300+ hp to the ground. on 15psi

read up on what you want. do you want to be fast in the 1/4, do you want to be able to spin in all gears and never have traction, do you want a dyno queen. all depends from the sound of it you want a car that is fast at aceleration, so id stick with the b18b and turbo

Okay that makes a lot of sense and I really appreciate it. Im sure ill end up with more questions but for now ill leave you be. Thanks

im running an ls setup thats making 200 whp at 5 psi,stockk motor 550 rc injectors and a t3 turbo with 3 inch downpipe and straight pipe..

i run 10 psi and my car is just fine had it boosted since the begining of summer good tune = reliability

ls stock on good tune run 10 psi all day ull be good

i know pple that run 5 psi untuned on an ls...and there motor still running strongggg...

dont change anything on the ls unless u waNNA go over 300whp or 13- 14 psi and up

this is my setup on my 91 hatch. t3/t4 10psi dsm 450's+vtak got me around 230whp. only cost about a total of 12-1300. just a thought.including dp,fmic,injector resistor box. o yeah i threw all the rods at 13psi so be careful however much u boost

umm...b18b i think are better they were made stronger almost the same tho i think theres a little hp diffrence not much at all tho

Okay this is what I heard from other forums. B18b OBD-1 is a little faster and easier to work on. B18b OBD-2 is a little slower and harder to work on. Does anyone think this is true?????

obd1 is best in my opinion. you cant chip obd2 so.... you can convert to obd0 but there are more options for obd1. and ls block is a beast.

obd1 and obd2 engien are basically the same thing not any real power dif. you cant chip obd2 and thus you cant tune it reliably. would have to use a fmu or a hack wich are both shit imo.

Back