ls V-Tec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CYULOST1

I'm going to build a Ls V-tec and i want to know if a SiR1 head have a difference of performance compare to SiR2 head. The block is a b18b.

i thought sirII had more aggressive cams than sirI?

maybe i was wrong....hmph

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 15 2004, 06:09 AM
i thought sirII had more aggressive cams than sirI?

maybe i was wrong....hmph

SiR ans SiRII are trim levels, not generational indicators. Maybe the cams are diff, but pistons, ECU, vtec engagment probably play a much bigger role.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 15 2004, 01:21 PM
Show me the specs.

B16A
Intake
open: 10° before TDC
close: 40° after BDC
valve lift: 10.1 mm

Exhaust
open: 40° before BDC
close: 7° after TDC
valve lift: 9.0 mm

B16A2/3
Intake
valve lift: 10.5 mm

Exhaust
valve lift: 9.4 mm

B18C1
Intake

Exhaust

The B16A2/3 and B18C1 have the same cam specs.

Originally posted by 1sikEH2+Jan 15 2004, 12:03 PM-->
@Jan 15 2004, 01:21 PM
Show me the specs.

B16A
Intake
valve lift: 10.1 mm

Exhaust
valve lift: 9.0 mm

B16A2/3
Intake

Exhaust

I do not buy that as the B16a2 and B16a3 are both USDM motor that put out ~ 160hp at the fly. Both use PR3 pistons, where the 2nd gen b16s used P30 pistons. The second gens put out ~ 170hp at the fly, honestly I would think that they would put out more horse power if they had more aggressive cams, along with the new mapped out ecu, and a bump in compression.

there is a difference betwenn first and 2nd gen b16s
2nd gen supposedly have better oiling and slightly more aggressive cams than first gens, as well as slighly higher compression on JDM models

Stock Specs from Civic Si
------------------------------
advertised duration
Int-265 mid
Exh-267 mid

duration @ .05
Int-219 mid
Exh-214 mid

gross lift w/ 1.55
Int-.412 mid
Exh-.379 mid

Stock Specs from GS
-------------------------
advertised duration
Int-274 mid
Exh-276 mid

duration @ .05
Int-230 mid
Exh-216 mid

gross lift w/ 1.55
Int-.423 mid
Exh-.378 mid

These are from Crower, they don't list a difference in 1st and second gen. And no the GSR and B16A2's don't have the same specs.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jan 15 2004, 03:22 PM
I do not buy that as the B16a2 and B16a3 are both USDM motor that put out ~ 160hp at the fly. Both use PR3 pistons, where the 2nd gen b16s used P30 pistons. The second gens put out ~ 170hp at the fly, honestly I would think that they would put out more horse power if they had more aggressive cams, along with the new mapped out ecu, and a bump in compression.

Beleive what you want. I am just giving the facts. But if you that that little increse in lift and a .2 increase in compression is gonna give you significantly more than 10 hp I don't know what to tell you. Also, The B16A, w/ smaller cams, has the same HP as a B16A2/3 because the stock ecu has a more aggressive tune. This is due to the fact that emissions arent as strict in Japan.

Originally posted by 1sikEH2+Jan 15 2004, 11:52 PM-->
MaaseyRacer
@Jan 15 2004, 03:22 PM
I do not buy that as the B16a2 and B16a3 are both USDM motor that put out ~ 160hp at the fly.  Both use PR3 pistons, where the 2nd gen b16s used P30 pistons.  The second gens put out ~ 170hp at the fly, honestly I would think that they would put out more horse power if they had more aggressive cams, along with the new mapped out ecu, and a bump in compression.

Beleive what you want. I am just giving the facts. But if you that that little increse in lift and a .2 increase in compression is gonna give you significantly more than 10 hp I don't know what to tell you. Also, The B16A, w/ smaller cams, has the same HP as a B16A2/3 because the stock ecu has a more aggressive tune. This is due to the fact that emissions arent as strict in Japan.

Facts? Where?
Not trying to sound like a dick, but a source of those specs would be nice, mine are from Crower. Also before saying oh this (emissions) is like this in Japan, reference some Japanese Smog regs, because I know in Europe, TUV is WAYYYYY worse than the US, and they get all the same cars Japan does. Maybe you're thinking of the B16A auto cams.

I can beleive that the GSR and Si cams are different, I would take Crower's word over neones. But wether ne of these specs are the correct ones so far everything i have researched says the SIR2's are Bigger than the SIR1's

yeah, and doesnt it say in our very own swap section that sirII's had more aggressive cams than the sirI's?

and wouldn't referring to the motors as sirI's and II's (which the motors are referred to by in the reference section) be like saying "It's an Si or a DX motor"? they're different....

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 15 2004, 06:01 PM
Facts? Where?
Not trying to sound like a dick, but a source of those specs would be nice, mine are from Crower. Also before saying oh this (emissions) is like this in Japan, reference some Japanese Smog regs, because I know in Europe, TUV is WAYYYYY worse than the US, and they get all the same cars Japan does. Maybe you're thinking of the B16A auto cams.

Hybrid Honda
THE ABOVE LINK GIVES ALL THE INFO YOU PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR

as far as the smog goes, it's pretty well known that Japanese cars run on higher octane and dont have emmisions that are as strict. Sorry i don't have the smog laws from Japan :roll: . If you wanna go look up the specific smog regs to prove me wrong then be my guest.

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 16 2004, 12:55 AM
yeah, and doesnt it say in our very own swap section that sirII's had more aggressive cams than the sirI's?

and wouldn't referring to the motors as sirI's and II's (which the motors are referred to by in the reference section) be like saying "It's an Si or a DX motor"? they're different....

Maybe, I'd like to see the source on the cam specs no the less.

And no, they are different trim levels, but they have the same motor, so when you say one is one spec and the other is another, you are not correct when talking about the motors. It's like saying the EX and the Si are different motors.

Back