ls/vtec all motor build ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek4me

so im plannin on doin on ls/vtec all motor set up for my ek. so far i have a b18b1 short block i got dissasembled, a b16 head from a 2000 si, buddy club iv cams, and a type r tranny. i just recently started pickin up these pieces and now im ready to start the actual build up. i want to make an all motor monster with this. im not sure what to do with the bottom end. i see alot of people using the ls crank/rods w/b16 pistons. it seems like its a good way to go cause its cheap and effective, but i really want this motor to rev out. im not sure the ls rods that came out of the motor w/140k on them are going to do their job at 8.5-9k rpm. so if i end up getting new aftermarket pistons/rods i think i am going to get the eagle stroker crank. i figure at only $600 more i might as well. wonderin if anybody has any experience with this stroker set up in a b18b or ls/vtec. and i noticed on their website it looks like the offer a stroker crank to work with ls specific rods, and one to work with h22 rods. whats the deal with that? i noticed the h22 rods are about .25" longer, just wondering how that would work seeing as how both cranks have the same stroke. so yeah, i guess what i really want to know is if the stock ls crank/rods w/ b16 pistons will be durable/reliable enough or if i should just upgrade everything. the car is going to be a street car, but not a daily driver. shootin for super low 13's, prefereable hi 12's with it, if that helps anything. open to all suggestions and opinions

Back