LS/Vtec Clearing Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Way old? You act as if the parts we are talking about weren't available to try back then. Was the VTEC gasket and Non Vtec gaskets available? Fuck, I believe they were. So they should have known way back then that it was "better", right? The rep isn't BS, you're "knowledge" is BS. You semi-know what you're talking about and that's why you get the negative reps lol.

ASE's don't mean jack shit lol. I got both A1 and A6, I work for Mercedes-Benz. You know what they said about my ASE's? Nothing, zip, nada... I will eventually have A1-A8 because it's a personal goal of mine but to say you "know a lot" just because you got ASE's is complete BS.

Specialize in Honda engines and diag? BWUAHAHAHAHA, engines are engines and diagnostics are diagnotics. They may change the way they do things between each manufacturer but the theory behind each is the EXACT same.

So many people disagree with you yet you still think the problem is everyone else...

I think he does have some good knowledge but has gaps in his overall knowledge of Hondas. Nothing wrong with not knowing enough (join the club!) but intenseneal needs to be careful before he starts making Absolute claims and giving out his opinion as the bare facts. He needs to write in a way that does not leave him open for ridicule.

I have never read about a VTEC gasket on a Frankenstein motor....so I cannot see it being okay when so many others say LS gasket.

B16RacerN2R is upset because intenseneal is spreading information that is not consistent with others. We cannot condone member spreading false or opinionated claims as the one and only truth. Whether its possible or not.....there is NO hard data (what so ever) to back up the claim that a VTEC head gasket is the way to go. And its really hard to take intenseneal serious when he has be called out on so many other topics that reflect his Honda mechanical ethics.

This is true I dont know everything no one does. I am always learning and enjoy learning new things. However I am sticking to it that the Vtec gasket along with LS Vtec dowel pins is the best choice.

This is true I dont know everything no one does.
I didn't say everything....your quote is a silly cliche. I said you don't know enough to be constantly making assessments and claims in the writing style you are accustomed to. You write as if you are 100% sure but you constantly have others disagreeing with you. I suggest that you adjust the way you write if you truly want to give your opinion....don't write so absolute....leave some writing that expresses humility or awareness that you don't know everything Honda. There are tons of people here with more knowledge and experience then you and I put together. Hell....there's a Honda Engineer on this site.....show some humility and learn more than you teach. You are not ready to give absolute advise on many of the thread you address....sorry but just my opinion.

you guys are all wrong!!! use 17 layers of heavy duty tin foil and make sure you cut gaps for the coolant to flow into the cylinders for proper coolant burnage.... :D

but on a real note... everything iv ever read said use the ls gasket.

just buy a GE or comedic head gasket for LSV or B20V done deal no need to modify shit no need to use ice age methods.

Ive used both and they both leaked oil from the oil drain on the front of the head/block. Switched to OEM LS and no issues.
How would oil leak? There is no oil passage in the block for it to leak from, right?? Now I dont know what head gasket to use. SRD says use the Vtec as does Hasport and its about 50/50 on the forums. My big worry is have an oil leak, I hate leaks.

This says it all :)
Exactly. if you're building a CRVTEC you'd use a 97+ B20 headgasket.
How would oil leak? There is no oil passage in the block for it to leak from, right?? Now I dont know what head gasket to use. SRD says use the Vtec as does Hasport and its about 50/50 on the forums. My big worry is have an oil leak, I hate leaks.

It leaked down the front of the engine. Originated from the corner where the head met the block. Theres an oil passage there, its a drain. Pretty sad it would leak and wasnt even under pressure.

On both the GE (modified OEM gasket "lazer" bored to 84mm for use on my CRVTEC) and Cometic (81mm for use on my first LSVTEC) gaskets I applied ultra-gray (hondabond/RTV) to the oil drains and they still leaked through that. Went to Acura bought a OEM LS gasket, applied ultra-gray adn BAM leak fixed. OEM is best.

Do you have personal experience using GE, Cometic, OEM (modified or not)?

Back