Ls Vtec Guys Read This!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I see a ton of disimformation about this set up or the same questions asked over and over again. If you want to know about the set up go to this link read it all then if you still have a question you can ask me or someone who has a LS VTEC. Please no more "my friends friends sisters brothers cousin said..."
http://allmotorhonda.com/techpages/feature...les/charles.htm

There is no actual info there. Just a description of someone's setup.

It's a cool setup though.

ya, all i see is info about the setup, but doesn't answer any questions, and i dont see where it contradicts anything that has been said about ls/vtec's on this board...??..

"my friend that works at a shop is telling me that the motor wont last after 15k miles after the swap due to heat and what not... " quoted from other post

That goes in both directions. When built properly it will last just fine. But don't be expecting unrealistic number out of it. You are not going to see 250hp and 180 lb/ft by just adding a VTEC head to an LS bottom end.

my B20-v that i built my self is still running around 20k miles later (right after i built the motor i installed it inot my ef CRX which got totaled 2 days later, so i sold the motor) so i think that proves that wrong, but then again i didnt build it much i just slaped the b16a2 head onto the b20z blcok and i routed all the fittings and everything really good and i bought good fittings and all OEM gaskets....

alright this question is for someone that actually did the swap themselves... like actually worked the whole thing themselve.. alright... im thinking about doing this to my 91 teg. so im going to need a first gen b16 head. im reading up on the swap at http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/lsvtec/lsvtec.php and it says that. "Pictured here is the back of a B18a block. Notice there is no knock sensor. The knock sensor came on the 92+ VTEC engines only. If your block doesn't have a knock sensor, you will need to located a hole for one" so im going to need to buy a knock sensor for the swap? also... on relocating the dowel pins which way did ya'll do it? the first way moving them on the exhaust side..... or on the intake side? the intake side looks easier.... but from the picutres it only shows there being 2 dowel pins.... and both on the same side of the block... im confused.... they both go on the same side.. or you have to do both steps and what head gasket would i need to buy and modify for this swap? the factory ls?

Originally posted by CriztheWiz+Apr 25 2003, 03:39 PM-->
"my friend that works at a shop is telling me that the motor wont last after 15k miles after the swap due to heat and what not... " quoted from other post
Well there is no accounting for some peoples ignorance.But there are a few on here who have/have used ls and crvtecs,and know better than that.

punkposer0318 Posted on Apr 25 2003
@ 10:25 PM
Notice there is no knock sensor. The knock sensor came on the 92+ VTEC engines only. If your block doesn't have a knock sensor, you will need to located a hole for one" so im going to need to buy a knock sensor for the swap?

No,run an ECU that doesn't look for it.They aren't a bad idea,they just throw kinks into things.

vtec knows to kick in when the ECU grounds the solenoid and engages it...

i dont run a knock sensor and i use a p28/hondata setup...
i would suggest hondata to anyone

alright thanks i think im going to use a 92 gsr ecu the b16 head my stock ls bottom end and my stock tranny for now... thanks for the help guys yall are badass.

Back