ls vtec on a 96 teg ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tomuchtortillas

Well here goes a question I have a 96 integra looken to put a b16 head and yeah saving up to do it right. I just wanted to know. Would it drasticly change my 1/4 mile time if I got the ls vtec on a 90 to 95 hatch or coupe( Yeah civic) instead of just working strait outta my teg I know it will but would.but would my ls body really slow me down that much ....thanks

Find out the weight specs. How much does the 90 to 95 weigh. How much does your LS weigh
and
Whats the torque look like. Little bit of calculation involved.

you might save .3-.5 seconds by putting it into a cx hatch vs a '96 integra. power per dollar lsvtec is a waste. a good set of cams or a turbo setup for the same price will yield better "bang for the buck".

yea i am in the process of building an ls vtec and i am thinkn of just going boost on my ls. not sure time wise, but i have a friend that makes lsvetc 180whp in a 94 civic coupe and can barley keep up with a 92 hatch with lsvtec 169whp.

there are so many little things to make an ls vtec reliable. boost the ls get a good tune and make 220whp. you wont crack 200whp with oem parts on a lsvtec. you will need cams, rods, pistons.....man its a lot of money. more that i think about i AM going to sell my stuff LOL

yeah ive considerd all that

Well yeah I've been looking into all 3 of those ways to go with swap isn't in mind. I was thinking ls vtec cause I haven't really tryd vtec people say its over rated but everyone has there theory. That and I like n/a. Builds if I go with ls n/a wouldn't it be pricy I mean its not just cams and turbo ehh I really don't know much about it really don't look into it. I'd love the boost but I dunno. This would be my first project so hope all goes well

there are so many little things to make an ls vtec reliable. boost the ls get a good tune and make 220whp. you wont crack 200whp with oem parts on a lsvtec. you will need cams, rods, pistons.....man its a lot of money. more that i think about i AM going to sell my stuff LOL

BS you cant make 200whp on an oem build. Ive done it, three times.

CTR stock bore pistons
Shotpeened pr4 rods (LS)
ARP rod bolts
ACL bearings
ITR head
Hytech header
rc 310's / walbro 255
tuned on crome = 204whp.

Back