LS89hatch PROBLEMS!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok I havent updated in a lil bit but heres wats going on... I had to swap out my oil pan because it started to leak. New pan =new gasket... So after replacing those the car stopped leaking..Hurray right?? wrong... Now The car starts up fine but now when I drive it for a period of time 1/2hr it boggs and cuts off @ idle. When in gear its fine. ????? Someone told me it might be my intake manifold sensor, its broken.

dude i actually had similar problems but with my jeep ZJ it would die after warming up...turned out it was the red top battery!!

funny thing out the red top i had the same issue in my civic... guy at battery shop told me to stop using red tops for my car and just to use a yellow top something about the way they charge...

funny thing out the red top i had the same issue in my civic... guy at battery shop told me to stop using red tops for my car and just to use a yellow top something about the way they charge...

So I changed my batt. And Guess what happened same thing...The motor idles for 15 minutes and cutts off, Hey now I have more space now under my hood.:bangdesk:
Im thinking it has something to do with either my tps. Or it might be a cooling issue. Im going to check that next . Thanks guys for the help!!

What about the MAIN relay??
It's up under the dash (where your left knee would point) I find that over the years, the main relays go and don't like heat.
Swap that one with a known good one or pull apart and check for broken soldering.
Just my .02

E

I switched batteries guys. For shits n giggles and got the yellow top battery. Same shit. Im going to get a new sensor that goes to the intake manifold anybody knows if they sell the sensor seperate. I want to to eventually to get a skunk2 manifold do i still have to get a new sensor.

What about the MAIN relay??
It's up under the dash (where your left knee would point) I find that over the years, the main relays go and don't like heat.
Swap that one with a known good one or pull apart and check for broken soldering.
Just my .02

E

Thanks E for the advice I swapped out the main relay last year. The car gets babied so I ve driven a hand full of times. So I doubt thats what it is. Someone told me to check where my distributer is set at. Is there a line to go by.. OR???

Back