Machine Shops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18EK Hatch

Does anyone recommend any machine shops in the bay area to hot tank, and redeck the head and block?

Any help would be appreciated as I will need to do this soon. Thanks in advance.

Yes...phone book and tell them exactly what you want done. Most shops have a v-8 mentality but in terms of hot tank and re-decking....you can take it anywhere but you'll need to take it out and dis-assemble the motor yourself unless you want them to charge you too much (and maybe not torque to specs). If its already out and ready...then it shouldn't cost you too much. Be careful with clearances between piston and valves. Don't go too far or you'll be starting over from scratch

More work you do means less for them to mess up

good luck

Thanks CAFROG! much appreciated.

Hey Byron, rather than be an ass..you could simply ignore the thread....yes i have opened up a phonebook and called different places. My concern was regarding the quality of work from these machine shops in the bay area as I have heard many horrors stories. I was merely looking for shops that people on this site has used and would recommend.

For anyone's future reference

Griffins Auto
- These guys are asses, and have poor customer service
- Decent prices

AV Machine Shop
- This guy does decent work, however they will not treat your motor with great care

Hope it works out for you. And don't take what Byron said to heart. when it comes to Honda Tech....some guys think they're talking to full bnlown idiots sometimes (and I am an idiot at times lmao). your message was short and vague so it opened the flood gates to being scrutinized (spelling?).

But yes....be careful with the machine shops. Don't let them touch your crank (send it to someone reputable) but they can do a lot of what you need (you gotta give them the specs for ANYTHING you want them to do). Just do your homework and read forums like this and you're less likely to have a bad set up when its done.

I took my d16y7 head to get hot tanked in oakland at international / e14. Im not sure what the shop was called but i know it was in between 5th ave to 14th ave. Got it hot tanked for 20 bucks. Still works in my hatch to this day. running better than before. Yellow page it.

Back