macintosh pisses me off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok so i was looking for this program called matlab. computer people will know what it is. its a program that you can do visual math stuff and some programming with. im sure you can do more and its badass to me. so i wanted it to play around with. a friend of mine is very successful at finding programs for free online rather then paying for them so he hooked me up. consisted of 3 files (about 500 MB each, fuckin huge files) that you needed to burn to 3 cds then istall the program off the cds. so i do all that and pop in the first CD and nothing happens. go into My Computer and look at the contents of the CD. shit doesnt look familiar at all. this is what i see on the first CD:

s40832c416ddeb.jpg

further inverstigation shows that this shit is for a fucking MAC! now im pissed, cause now i just spent 3 hours and my last 3 cds on this crap. i decide to take my frustration out on the CDs, the pics are self explainatory

s4083344f7a133.jpg

s4083345e4e21f.jpg

s40833471b98d5.jpg

s408334843d0ac.jpg

s4083347b24a0b.jpg

s4083348cea76a.jpg

luckily i got the right file, but i love microwaving cds, lol. fuck you Macintosh. that is all, carry on :)

The XWINDOWS directory wasn't a dead giveaway?

Anyhow, kickass on the nuking of the discs :D

Take a small candle, shove a toothpick in it so that the toothpick is about the same height as the wick. Put them close to each other but not close enough to share flame. Light both the wick and pick, put it in the nuker and cut it on.

What you'll see are bright plasma flashes and ball lightning.

really? i want to try that, but i'm

a)frightened of destroying my only source of cooking food

b)not willing to get arrested on campus for burning the dorm down

however i will try that when i get home

matlab is kick ass, I might be able to track down a copy of mathmatica.
would that help ??

no thanks crx-yem, i got the right version now and its all good :) but yea matlab is awesome.

and i know nothing about macs so i didnt know what the xwindows shit was, lol.

Originally posted by Sobe_Death@Apr 18 2004, 11:18 PM
did it shoot sparks to the cd's? or just cook them like that?

you can see the sparks in the pics, it looks a lot better in person, lol.

i remember when they nuked some cds on Mythbusters. that was the coolest shit id seen...LOL.

My friend burned a copy of matlab 6.5 onto his pc from IRC, and I have the student version. If you want, I can get him to burn me a copy tomorrow. Or If you are an IRC guy, I can get you the bots and crap he used to get the program. I can also get you pro-e if you want, and I'm talking the full version. Im not personally into pirating stuff, unless it's from my mom's pc (autodesk 2000 yum), but let me know if you want it.

It's release 13, and its on all the pc at school :shrug2: I don't think programming language for that kind of stuff has made incredible leaps and bounds in that last year or so. My edition of the software say copyright 2003

Very true. MATLAB's version number just gets updated every year or two to make people pay more money.

I just checked- 6.5.1 is the latest version, and release 13 is the latest package. That's what we're running up here too. I always get the versions and the release numbers mixed up.

:(

how much does this program run? just wondering how much i saved by getting it for free :) .

and my version is pretty new MATLAB version 6.5.0.180913a Release 13, June 18th 2002.

ive been tinkering with it for all of today and ive figured out how to do double and triple integrals and derivatives and graphing 3D images (cant quite get the window where i want it, still working on that) this thing makes my calc3 work easy, lol.

yeah, i think i have a book on it somewhere, if you get stuck with something i can probably look it up for you :)

Back