macintosh pisses me off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 19 2004, 01:39 PM
how much does this program run? just wondering how much i saved by getting it for free :) .

I think the student version can run anywhere from $50-200, depending on where you get it. Retail- I have no idea.

yea i heard about 200 for the student version, but i heard today that the full version is like 1900 bucks! i dont know what version i have, but it takes up 1.3GB of my HD space for the program alone.

1.3 gigs is nothing...

Full versions of professional tech software like that run prices much higher than that. $2000 for a license isn't really that expensive. A fully featured copy of Pro/Engineer can run you almost $30k for one license.

thats sure as hell expensive for me, lol. but even if it is the student version and the program only is like 200 bucks, its worth it for me getting it free, lol.

:) <-----me, the poor college kid, lol.

I feel your pain... just don't advertise too much that you're pirating software.

:blink: :lol:

what are you talking about, i paid 200 bucks for this :ph34r: :lol:

but i didnt pirate it, i downloaded it off a free website, no harm in downloading files :ph34r:

matlab can do some cool things but the software it self is a complete pile of poo. Of course I feel that way about most IDEs as well. Give me vi, gcc, and ddd any day.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 19 2004, 07:36 PM
what are you talking about, i paid 200 bucks for this :ph34r: :lol:

but i didnt pirate it, i downloaded it off a free website, no harm in downloading files :ph34r:

Same thing. :p

Originally posted by lsvtec@Apr 20 2004, 12:38 PM
matlab can do some cool things but the software it self is a complete pile of poo. Of course I feel that way about most IDEs as well. Give me vi, gcc, and ddd any day.

I agree... but MATLAB does do some nice stuff. Too bad I had to learn "Hi-Q" for one of my classes. It's some piece of crap NI software that the ME department used for a year or two, and I just got a bit unlucky.

Back