Maintenance Required Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swanny

When i start my car all the lights on the dash light up as usual but the "Maintenance Required" light blinks on and off for about 5 seconds after starting it. I know that honda has set intervols for this light to appear for oil changes but here are my questions:
1) what eltse would cause the light to come on? (im currently at 120k)
2) how do you reset the light?
I have also noticed some oil burnage and about 3 mpg decrese.
this is on a 95 gsr.
thanks in advance, swanny

yup. today, and according to the sticker from the previous owner it had only been about 2,600 miles since the last one.

what kind of car is it, integra civic, on all ek civics 96 -2000 it has a maintance required light that is either green or red, its only for oil and to reset it u stick your ignition key in it and it resest back to green

Check under your steering column where the fuses are. There might be a black box with a button on it. You have to turn on the check lights, push the button (I forget if you have to hold it) and then turn the car on. It might not be there because we did this on a 2000 gsr but thats what I can think of.

Originally posted by Judo_boy_48@Nov 25 2003, 12:39 AM
Check under your steering column where the fuses are. There might be a black box with a button on it. You have to turn on the check lights, push the button (I forget if you have to hold it) and then turn the car on. It might not be there because we did this on a 2000 gsr but thats what I can think of.

that worked. thanks man, i appreciate it. any ideas on wtf would cause the shitty gas milage and oil consumption other than rings and\or valve seals?

Back