Major delima

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i checked the timing it all fine the only thing i can think of is that the LS ecu is crapped out...i hear the Si out of a 88-91 civic is one i should try for DPFI to MPFI?

code four keeps comin up and ive done everything to stop it but it still does....whats that TPS sensor and how do i check it?

tps sensor is the throttle position sensor as for how you check it I can't help you with that. It is on the backside of the throttle body, only reason I know is the h23a1 I bought had a broken tps.

Find out exactly what that code is. From there you can check the sensor that applies to the code being thrown and inspect it. Check for bad connections, corroded wires etc. If the wiring is fine, replace the sensor.

Thats one of my problems is, i dont know were it is....some say its in the distributer, some say its by the exhaust cam and some say its in the block somewere

and yea its crank sensor i checked

tps

all u need is a volt meter, loose the two bolts on the tps . find the right voltage . and tighten it up. thier is a write up on how do it on honda swap . i had the same problem with one of my b18a , but i just put another throttle body on and it stop blog out . tps is vary important as i found out.

ok, let me just ask these questions right now..

1) year/make/model of the car?
2) engine code/engine harness used / ecu?

Did you make sure to plug the connectors for the sensors into the correct spots? I see some people mix up the sensor plugs. Check for that and also, remove all sensors and do a quick spray in them with brake cleaner, and clean it up and plug them all back up. Check all fuses in the relay and inside the car under the drivers side kick panel.

Back