Makin A 97 Civic DX Fast With little cash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bizzy

I Have A 97 Civic Dx (d16y7) And I Want To Make It Fast But I Dont Have Alot Of Cash To Swap engines or put a turbo or super charger on it. What Are Some Cheap Things I Could Do To Make My Car Faster than it is?

Current Mods:
Cat back Exhaust
Throttle body spacer (helix power tower)
Air intake
10.3mm Spark Plug Wirers
NGK Plat Plugs

start tearing the inside out of it. pull out all of your old factory airbox. get an intake manifold from a 92-95 dx, ex or si. you could also get a cam from a 88-91 crx si and you could run zc pistons along with an ex tranny from a 96-00 civic.

hows that?

On my 97 CX hatch I put an air fuel gauge in, B&M FPR, and a NOS 65 shot and went 15.0@93 on an almost empty bottle. The car had 14's in it. I pounded the engine and could not blow it up using 3 bottles a week and juicing it almost all the time. Just bumped the fuel pressure a bit and did a fresh set of plugs. If you add exhaust header, intake on top of that you'd be golden. Just use a microswitch full throttle switch for the juice and a covered arming switch. I also used redundant n20 solenoids to ensure I didn't get a stick open situation that would be very bad.

Could i use a 96-00 civic intake manifold or does it have to be a only a 92-95 ?

You should get a 96-00 auto y8 intake manifold. The swap is pretty straight foward.
If you have any questions reguarding this swap just message me.

Back