1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makin A 97 Civic DX Fast With little cash

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by bizzy, Jun 29, 2003.

1. bizzy

bizzy Junior Member

I Have A 97 Civic Dx (d16y7) And I Want To Make It Fast But I Dont Have Alot Of Cash To Swap engines or put a turbo or super charger on it. What Are Some Cheap Things I Could Do To Make My Car Faster than it is?

Current Mods:
    Cat back Exhaust
    Throttle body spacer (helix power tower)
    Air intake
    10.3mm Spark Plug Wirers
    NGK Plat Plugs

2. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

start tearing the inside out of it. pull out all of your old factory airbox. get an intake manifold from a 92-95 dx, ex or si. you could also get a cam from a 88-91 crx si and you could run zc pistons along with an ex tranny from a 96-00 civic.

hows that?

3. SFPracing

SFPracing Senior Member

On my 97 CX hatch I put an air fuel gauge in, B&M FPR, and a NOS 65 shot and went 15.0@93 on an almost empty bottle. The car had 14's in it. I pounded the engine and could not blow it up using 3 bottles a week and juicing it almost all the time. Just bumped the fuel pressure a bit and did a fresh set of plugs. If you add exhaust header, intake on top of that you'd be golden. Just use a microswitch full throttle switch for the juice and a covered arming switch. I also used redundant n20 solenoids to ensure I didn't get a stick open situation that would be very bad.

4. bizzy

bizzy Junior Member

Could i use a 96-00 civic intake manifold or does it have to be a only a 92-95 ?

5. y7civic

y7civic Junior Member

You should get a 96-00 auto y8 intake manifold. The swap is pretty straight foward.
    If you have any questions reguarding this swap just message me.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted