making a sleeper (93 DX Hatch)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkElfTRP

I have a 93 DX Hatch, with a B16A swap, I have rigged up my stock exhaust to work with it, ripped the cat converted out and replaced it with a nice tube ;)

What I want to know, is can I get some type of aftermarket exhaust but keep it looking stock, I want to make a sleeper here. And I dont want it to sound like a BEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's not a sleeper now you have told us lol just messing with you, but you can keep the stock muffler and run 2 1/4 inch piping with resonator that work for a b20 non vtec we had that made 170 whp. It sounded okay not tooo loud or that usually honda noise

i say get the muffler system of choice and keeo the car looking stock couse the aftermarket muffler does not say to much about your ride what is under the hood does just dont open the hood around here theres so many hondas about any car with no mods but with a aftermarket system in it but with only a 5 hp defrence it really did no deference compared to some cars that get the all round pakage but you cant tell only if you opend the hood or if the owner said what the car had and than it might be true or not only till you see it you actually know whats under the hood

Well I think i am going to go with 2.25 to 2.5 inch pipe all the way back to the muffler then get a nice aftermarket one, not to sure which one to get I could just gut the stock one use it as a cover hehe..

Going to need to look into rubber as well, it close to winter now so I am not going to worry about it. I dont think there is much hope of me getting good tires on stock rims but I could be wrong

i had a sleeper style on my last civic. used 2 1/2 back to the muffler and used a flowmaster delta 60 series i think. gave it a nice sound and was quite.

Sleeper Mobile

They do make aftermarket exhaust systems that are close to what stock exhaust looks like and I agree about not wanting a "fart can" exhaust, it sucks. But Greddy and Skunk2 and Apexi make some nice catback systems...

-Zach

I would have to say if you want a full catback, and your willing to put the money into it, get a kind of stock looking exhaust like the greddy sp2 exhaust or the apexi ws2 exhaust. It looks kind of stock but it won't sound all that noisy. But then again, if you want to tone down the sound, I would recommend getting an aftermarket catalytic converter, because if you run straight pipe, it'll sound noisy regardless, unless you run a dual exhaust.
Get a Random Technology catalytic converter. They make one for the 96-00 civic si, which is basically the same engine as the one you put in, (b16a).

Good luck man.
The cost of the catalytic converter and the exhaust system will run you around $600-$700 if your willing to put the money into it.

Resonator is the key to getting that raspy ricer sound to go away. 2.5" all the way back, HFC, resonator, quality muffler. If you buy an Ebay muffler, you will get Ebay quality sound ;)

well you got all the answers test pipe catback or just get a greddy or a skunk2 or tanabe or and dont get the ebay he is right if you go cheap you sound cheap or by the muffler the flex pipe and a test pipe and have some one make you a custom system thats what i am thinking about doing for my future ride

Back