man wtf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That would piss me off majorly...

"It's depriving you of another one of your liberties -- going fast," Pattee said. "If they implement it everywhere, there will be nothing but red lights. Nobody does the speed limit."

but driving is a right, not a privilage/liberty.

Its going to turn into the redlight camera thing but with out the big money

all it's going to do is cause people to crash

redlight cameras in maryland for some reason have a faster yellow light then any normal lights

it's great for causing crashes but better for making big bucks

luckly chances are only a FEW cameras will have it "main intersections"

friggin eh why can't they just post a friggin cop and write a ticket for speeding?

they sould hire an extra cop or two with the money they get from the tickets VS this BS crap

BTW in the next night or two Im going out on a ride along "Calvert Police" =) Im hoping we can get into some fun stuff =) hehehehhehe

Pleasanton has become a capital of traffic hand-wringing, with a spot between Interstates 580 and 680 that invites cutting commuters. Traffic is easily the No. 1 political issue in the city, informing nearly every decision. The Police Department even allows citizens to borrow radar guns to document speeders near their homes and send out warning letters to offenders.

IS this a damned joke or something ?

-> Steve

They don't want the traffic. That's one way to keep people out of your town.

Welcome to the Andy Griffith show. Two cops and a red light. Stupid.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 2 2004, 10:06 PM
Pleasanton has become a capital of traffic hand-wringing, with a spot between Interstates 580 and 680 that invites cutting commuters. Traffic is easily the No. 1 political issue in the city, informing nearly every decision. The Police Department even allows citizens to borrow radar guns to document speeders near their homes and send out warning letters to offenders.

IS this a damned joke or something ?

-> Steve

where the fuck can i get one of those radar guns? :lol:

Lame... this would never work in a large city either- you would have gridlock 24/7.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jun 3 2004, 12:12 AM
They should get rid of required insurance and speed limits.

Right. next your'e going to tell me you want them to get rid of laws pertaining to trucks not being able to go down residential roads, couple that with no speed limits and 10 year olds will be mowed over my 18 wheelers on a daily basis.

Traffic engineers plan to give drivers a few miles per hour of wiggle room. But once speeding is detected, the red light will turn on for at least 10 seconds -- or 30 seconds-plus if cross traffic is waiting.

At 110 mph, I could make it through without officially running the redlight. :p

Which means, at 110 MPH, I'm doing 161.3 feet/second, so within 2-3 seconds, I'd be through the light, and it would be yellow for at least another second or two after I'm through the intersection.

Bitches.

:fuckyou:

:werd: :lmao:

this is fucking retarded

if they implement this in my area, all it means is i will be running more red lights

fuck em

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jun 3 2004, 06:12 AM
They should get rid of required insurance and speed limits.

Yea, great idea. I'll be sure and T-bone your Civic at 90mph on a residental street and see who's going to buy you a new car. :roll:

Back