Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Top Speed (i.e. Bonniville)

• Illegal Street Racing (any form)

• NAS

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

i was curious to see what series of auto racing you guys liked most or think is the "Manliest", as in, taking the most balls and hardest to do... i think WRC is the most manliest because youre driving on shitty roads and could die within a blink of an eye.. but my favorite has to be the JGTC.. who wouldnt love seeing GTRs, NSX-Rs, Supras, Lambos, McLarens, etc race???

Well, I am not sure on all those races, but I do know that WOMEN have been in the drivers seats for a while....they just don't get the publicity.... :shrug2:

but for the real hard crap, I would have to say Drakkar...it's a long as race that is long as hell, and not over in 10 sec, or 2 laps, or 500 miles....or 24 hours....that race is long, and far...if I remember correct....and they go places where there aren't any roads......

yeah its some pretty crazy shit.. its in deserts, but you dont have all those fucking crazy bends that end up in bottom of a gorge or retarded weather like snow and shit..

WRC....Ever tried to take a blind dirt corner at 50 mph? Yeah. WRC rules! :worthy:

A manly race eh?

50 laps through Siberia in a chassis with no body, in a blizzard, naked. Winner gets to wear a coat.

THAT'S a manly race.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 20 2003, 05:00 PM
WRC....Ever tried to take a blind dirt corner at 50 mph? Yeah. WRC rules! :worthy:

Yes...I grew up on the backroads in the mountains of northern New mexico....and you never know when someone is coming around that corner....

The WRC roads are closed off, no traffic the other way, and they have a navigator, to explain the next corner, whats coming up, and the speeds, and other shit about that corner......they just got to watch out for the fans that want that best picture shot..... :ph34r:

:eek:t: Thanks, I'm trying to stop that.

Uhmmm yes...we have cliffs, no guard rails, and an error means no more car/driver...

Aztec, New Mexico...elevation around 5,500 feet, I lived 7 miles out of town, on the mountain, elevation 6,530 feet...and when the city got rain, we got snow.....

google it up....

most manly IMO wouldhave to be WRC because those guys drive through dirt at over 100mph with trees flying by 5 feet from the car.

my facorite would have to be the speed world challenge series. they race modified civics, mazda protege's m5's, intergras, etc... i like it cause its the cars you see on the street (though they have lots more power and race-tuned suspensions).

honda speed world challenge cars just before the race:
s3f123d4a9bee4.jpg

s3f123d891c235.jpg

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 20 2003, 05:43 PM
Since you're the shit at offroading, go sign up. be a WRC driver.

I would in a heart beat.....I didn't own a 2WD vehical until after I left that place....my whole family never owned a 2WD car since we moved there when I was 4 years old.

but it is an off-roaders paradice...but America is filled with places that has that many backroads, most not even grated or graveled.....

My saying is...if you have to travel a road more than 3 miles, and it is not paved...your a redneck.

just some cool info.......

and yes...we race....

WRC no doubt, :worthy: speed channel
although, i love the sound of the F1 cars, mmmmm

:ditto: :doh:

But I have seen a few ladies hit the corners harder than the guys.....so I didn't press the manly issue on this post......

Just the stamina, duress, skill, part's breaking, time records that the Drakkar does......most people in America have no clue what D1 is, and very few even know what the Drakkar is........

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 20 2003, 07:16 PM
Just the stamina, duress, skill, part's breaking, time records that the Drakkar does......most people in America have no clue what D1 is, and very few even know what the Drakkar is........

If I knew what those were, I might have voted...if I liked it.

WRC just kicks it off for me. I see WRC come on Speed and I'm glued until its over. Everytime I do a rally race, (granted its a game) I ace it faster than I would any other race. Rallying takes a LOT of skill, I don't care if you have pace notes and a codriver on a closed road. Rallying just fascinates me. :worthy:

Well, I was the only person to say illegal street racing. :blink:
I don't like to watch races on tv and I don't rally or any of that so...umm...yeah...

I guess you should've defined "manly"...

WRC is cool as heck, sure.. The driver's have F1 reflexes. They are able to drive like a bat out of hell AND listen to the nav at the same time. That's freakin' amazin!!!!!

However, "manly" as is sweaty, dirt in your crotch, come here & let me kick you ass manly, then you gotta give it up for the Paris to Dakkar run. Those guys are on such 'roids the damn service vehicles race one another!!!!!!!!!!! What can be more manly than a freakin' 10 ton behemoth racin' across the desert?!

Back