map sensor??sirII

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey I am thinking of joining the wonderful world of boost. I have been doing some research about them and I am kinda confused on the missing link or map bypass. I understand how it works its a one way valve but my map sensor isnt mounted on my tb. I have a sir-II and it is mounted to my firewall. I picked up a few things pretty cheap. A t25 turbo off a saab, vortech fmu 12:1, front mount intercooler,bov all piping including downpipe. What else besides a fuel pump will i need?. Is this turbo to small, should i go with a t3. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on the matter let me know. oh ya 7psi is what i plan on running for now.

it doesn't matter where its mounted- its just a vacuum source. simply place the check valve inline on the vacuum source.

yes, the turbo is small... but if you only want a ~50hp gain, its ideal. but if you want more than that, jump on it now- a t25 flange on a manifold won't bolt up to a t3 flanged manifold. save yourself from buying parts twice.

and again, DON'T make a psi level a goal. make a power level your goal.

psi is relative/dependant on/to 2312312 things.
hp is hp any way you measure it

Back