map sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

did you mount the MAP on the throttle body where its supposed to be??

yes, the map is where its suppost to be

It's not that the new harness is going to have a different pinout, it's that the wires for the map are on the firewall and don't really go into the engine harness, you have to extend the wires that are on the firewall so that they reach the new map sensor, Or run a hose to the old map sensor if it is still there. Either way, that is probably why there is an issue with the map sensor not reading.

ok... when i swaped the original b7 for my jdm gsr, I used the b7 harness and just added wires for vtec and whatnot. I remember the map sensor being on the firewall, and the plug having enough reach to get to the map sensor on the throttle body of the gsr. Fast Foreward to now, when I put the new b7 into the car. This b7 came with the map sensor on the throttle body like the gsr. I used the wiring harness that came with the newer b7 and just pluged it in to the plugs on the shock towers.

My only guess is that maybe the wiring is different for the newer b7's? when I get time I'm going to hardwire the map sensor to the pinouts on the ecu.

That's prolly gonna be the only thing you can do at this point, which kinda sucks but at least you will get it going!

you're right...

the car is drivable, especially on the highway. it only really sucks when starting off. the gas mileage is sucking too (running rich)

Back