max boost for a b18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a b18c1 in my civic, and i was wondering the max boost i can put and what kind of power i would get out of it, im gettin a t70 for it, with an fmic thanks for the help

head gaskets are funny things. you cant really predict what kind of pressures one can withstand. especially if its never been changed.

felpro gaskets have been good all the way to 1,000 HP...i dont think youll have to worry as much about the head gasket going if its new.

I've always heard that 8lbs of boost is a safe bet on factory honda motors.. Yeah, they'll handle more, but 8lbs should be safe and reliable.

but 8psi on a 60-1 is a lot different than 8psi on a T67. what turbo do you plan on using?

the t70 is what is comin with the kit that was ordered, i was just tryin to find the ammount of boost the motor will take, you may think it is a bit large, but that what i am starting with, after i get all this the motor is gonna be gettin build

Ok, you're missing the point. Ignore what I said about the T70 being too large. Concentrate on the part that says what the stock internals can handle. The manifold you use, your tuning, and a bunch of other variables will determine how much power you make vs how much boost you feed the engine. Your engine's breaking point is better measured by power output, not boost pressure. "How many psi can my engine handle" is a question that can't be answered.

i understand what you said, all i lookin for is what is typical boost fopr ppl to run thru a stock honda, i kno that the internals matter, this isnt the first car i have built, my car has 400 to the wheels, and i kno how it all works, i am doin this car for a friend and i wanted to find out a good boost range to run on the car with out having to worry everytime he drives it , is he gonna blow the fuckin motor, so just get the shit thru your thick fuckin skull im not a fuckin idiot, the way you fuck sticks put this shit isnt my languane, i dont speak rice, im not an import gut, im a ford man

completely stock internals, with a venom intake, and felpro head gasket, how much boost will the car handle, if you or anyone you kno has done a similar setup let me kno how much boost it took to blow something

92widebody-dx said:
i understand what you said, all i lookin for is what is typical boost fopr ppl to run thru a stock honda, i kno that the internals matter, this isnt the first car i have built, my car has 400 to the wheels, and i kno how it all works, i am doin this car for a friend and i wanted to find out a good boost range to run on the car with out having to worry everytime he drives it , is he gonna blow the fuckin motor, so just get the shit thru your thick fuckin skull im not a fuckin idiot, the way you fuck sticks put this shit isnt my languane, i dont speak rice, im not an import gut, im a ford man

How are we supposed to know that you know any of this? Read your mind? Automatically know what your "language" is the second you post on the board?

Nope.

So fuck you too if you're going to cop an attitude like that. You'll get no more replies from me.

if youre a ford man pretend its a tbird or probe turbo...its the same thing, the qualities of a turbo all work the same way whether or not you are on a honda or ford....

he said 400whp...anyone that knows anything about a turbo charged engine knows that you cant specify boost pressure because different turbos make different power at different pressure. its stupid to get pissed cause we wont give you a boost number. Cal said your turbo was too big, you dont care, he gave you a HP range (assuming you take it to the dyno...which you better) so dont bitch to us cause you dont understand "rice". What Cal is talking about applies to all turbo applications.

92widebody-dx said:
completely stock internals, with a venom intake, and felpro head gasket, how much boost will the car handle, if you or anyone you kno has done a similar setup let me kno how much boost it took to blow something
On stock internals: If you run a 14b or something small you could probably get away with 15-20psi(just a rough estimate). But if you run 15-20psi through a gt40 or a t70 for that matter, kiss the motor good bye.

Like cal said, a t70 isn't a good turbo for a honda. The only one I've seen on this site in 2 years was on a Colorado pickup with a built LS1 in it. It is just a very big turbo. I would suggest sell the t70 and get a t3/t04e or if your stuck on a bigger turbo, go with a gt35r.. But you better get a good tune.

yeah, that turbo is a good size for a drag h22 (fully built)...thats the only way i can think that it would be useable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back