May as well get 'er going now.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 21 2005, 01:46 PM
seriously calyton, you need to lay off the Z thing... lol

they're cool and all, but you of all people know that they are far from reliable daily drivers.... they are just too old.
[post=557834]Quoted post[/post]​

Have a buddy tow them, strip them, part them out, make enough money to really buy a car thats newer, lower miles, and more reliable...

Remember..I picked up that suby Legacy for $1200.... in cuntecticunt...

1995, mint..except carpet and slightly high miles at 148,000....a quike tune up and I'm getting 26-29mpg...and putting 70-100 miles on it a day.

i just sold my hatch with a gsr swap, tein, 15" wheels with brand new R-comp yoko's, fastbrake 11" willwodds for 4k.

ouch...

i got my first hatch 1991 with 170K ish and running SMOKING motor with 4 speed and working a/c for 450... that was a good buy...

but it was rusted...

Originally posted by Airjockie+Sep 21 2005, 12:04 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 21 2005, 01:46 PM
seriously calyton, you need to lay off the Z thing...  lol

they're cool and all, but you of all people know that they are far from reliable daily drivers....  they are just too old.
[post=557834]Quoted post[/post]​

Have a buddy tow them, strip them, part them out, make enough money to really buy a car thats newer, lower miles, and more reliable...

Remember..I picked up that suby Legacy for $1200.... in cuntecticunt...

1995, mint..except carpet and slightly high miles at 148,000....a quike tune up and I'm getting 26-29mpg...and putting 70-100 miles on it a day.
[post=557850]Quoted post[/post]​

That would be great if I had money and time to throw around - I need a damn daily driver. I'm relying on family to lend me their cars for a day at a time.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 21 2005, 01:13 PM
Fuck you guys (the ones who say to buy out of state). 1200 bucks for a solid running hatch with no rust or body damage is a good deal.

There is NO WAY I could fly east, buy a similar hatch, and drive back, for 1200 dollars. PLUS I'd have to fuck with getting new plates.
[post=557810]Quoted post[/post]​

Point is, if you come out east you can buy more car for less money and still be ahead.

You just shut your best avenue to gaining a deal off by saying, "there's no way I can do that".

The $1200 hatch isn't a bad deal, but what about getting a $3000 civic with lower mileage and in good condition on the east coast? Thats like buying a $5000 civic out by you.

If they're as cheap as B says, it would totally be worth it to fly out there and drive it back. Shit, you could ship it to Oregon for cheaper!

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Sep 21 2005, 01:26 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Sep 21 2005, 01:13 PM
Fuck you guys (the ones who say to buy out of state). 1200 bucks for a solid running hatch with no rust or body damage is a good deal.

There is NO WAY I could fly east, buy a similar hatch, and drive back, for 1200 dollars. PLUS I'd have to fuck with getting new plates.
[post=557810]Quoted post[/post]​

Point is, if you come out east you can buy more car for less money and still be ahead.

You just shut your best avenue to gaining a deal off by saying, "there's no way I can do that".

The $1200 hatch isn't a bad deal, but what about getting a $3000 civic with lower mileage and in good condition on the east coast? Thats like buying a $5000 civic out by you.
[post=557897]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd spend 1500 in the process of travelling over there and back with the car. Plus I'd be out at least a week of my time which I would have to take as PTO from work. It just wouldn't be worth it in the end. Not to mention, I don't have a car right now. I need a daily driver, and I need it asap. I don't really have time to have someone over there shop around for me and then make the plans to get over there. It would be at least a month before I had a car.

hmmm, i don;t think the east coast is the best bet...
not if you think of all the factors...

you're looking at airfare, prob upwards of 500 from oregon to the east coast, then at least 300 in gas, plus tolls, then you need to factor in your time... which would be at least 3 days with minimal sleeping and one driver 3 days 24 hours a pop, 10 bucks an hour = over 700 for labor...

it would have to be at least 1500 better price to make it worth while for him to make that trip... and then you're still talking one hard ass trip to make just for a car... my 1500 doesn;t include tickets, food, or hotels...
you will be one stinky bastard when you get back home
lol

stick with the 200 dollar cars...
some of my best POS's have been 100-200 bucks...

ED Hatches are a strange thing. Is Brian right with his $500-$600 statement ? Yup. You can find them here for that much. I paid $1500 from Airjockie's brother, and I found that to be a great deal. So mint shape they run the gamut - I picked one for a friend of mine (DX with 5 speed) for $200, yet I got mine for $1500 with 4 speed base trim. His has dents all over it, and no heat (They bypassed the heater core) and the engine looks shitty. Mine was well cared for. Had mine been an Si in good shape, I would have paid $3000 for it back in 03.

Hatches are always a good bet. The shittiest hatches are still good cars for daily driving.

The 16's can fit in the Civic hatch. Zex or whatever his handle is, out in PA, has 16"7 rims with 205/45 tires, stock height and doesn't hit. You may need to remove the plastic tune-up covers or ding the firewall in a bit I imagine.

That size is what I'm looking to go, and I have Groundcontrols to install.

maybe not come all the way out here... try idaho?? theres nothing there and no resale on anything good... l ol

That's just not feasible, Steve. Sorry.

I'm like 90% sure I'm gonna go for the hatch at this point.

go test drive it.

low ball him for 750. bring cash. wave it in front of him.

be like, thats all i got....

keep 2-300 more in a back pocket.

oh, i found another hundred... will you take 850?

and so on... 1 extra $100 at a time.

I already talked him down from 1500. problem is, he knows he can get 1500 for it if he wanted to make the effort to advertise. I can't lowball too far. I might be able to land it for a grand, but I'd be peeing in the wind to try to go lower than that.

Back