members with wiring experience and good advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
I am looking to turn my existing doors in my 99 civic HB into power units. i am tired of cranking and my driver side window keeps coming off the track and i think i either need a new regulator or new set of sashes. i already bought a new channel and mole skin but i cant decide what to do
Honda Automotive Parts

i have a these choices for power windows

1. make my own kit
2 Switch Kit Illuminated (Power Window Switch Kit) Big View!
eBay Motors: 96-00 HONDA CIVIC 2DR DOOR WINDOW REGULATOR MOTOR Right (item 290211026134 end time Mar-08-08 17:25:01 PST)
eBay Motors: 96-00 HONDA CIVIC 2DR DOOR WINDOW REGULATOR MOTOR Left (item 310028710964 end time Mar-10-08 13:47:20 PDT)

2. buy one of these premade kits
Power Window Kit with 3 Switches (SPAL Power Windows) at Commando Car Alarms.com
Colibri Star Power window Kit: A1 Electric Online Store

3. Buy 99-00 power doors from a junk yard (when/if they get one) and try to get the cabin harness and have the doors painted.

as far as power door locks i was thinking about getting this kit and taping it to my alarm.
2 Door Power Lock Kit (Universal) at Commando Car Alarms.com

i have never wired anything like this but i have installed several radio systems including an in dash clarion unit in my montero.

i think it would be a good idea to ask the guy that did my alarm stealth install. he goes to school did a great job, has been working for BB for years, seems like a honest guy, but BB charges $71/ hr install.

??????

Last edited:
dont quote me on this but if im thinking right all you have to do is add the motor and regulator and wires should already be there just taped up, because they not used

Back