Mini Disks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Does anyone know anything about Mini Disks and audio?
I'm looking to buy a minidisk to play in a JDM deck.

best buy used to sell them,

I have about 6 or seven of them, i know Sony was big into them for a short time.

look into the sony walkman minidisk players.
I don't know of any computer drives for writing and the only way i have written to them is through the portable player via USB.

Just need to be sure which one you have.
The Net MD which uses ones that store the information like a CD would. I think it was the HiMD had DVD equivalent storage.

Yup. Sony created it, then they killed it by not allowing it to go cross-platform with high speed data drives. I had a full MD setup for a couple of years, then support died out for it.

I had one before the players came out that let you put songs on via software, so I had to record all my music real-time with an audio cable. It wasn't fun, nor very effective.

I still have my minidisc player. Its a Sony webmd i think. Used to be able to get around 80 songs a disc. You could get a 5 pack of discs for $10 bucks, so back before ipods and zunes they were alot cheaper then the memory card type. Thing runs on 1 AA and gets 2-3 weeks of play on it and it's pretty small too. The original software was horrible and slow, they made new software versions that can be downloaded that are much bettter. Some came with a radio.

If you are really bent on buying one, you can still find the discs and players around, Sony made a better version a couple years ago, has more space and is compatible with the old discs. I would look at that if you want to buy a portable. Pioneer and a couple of other companies made some decks that would play the discs. I use a Zune now, 30gb of music, video, pics, wireless and a radio. Hope this helps you out.

I'm just looking to buy a mini disk with music on it.
My friend picked up an EG6 clip with a sick radio in it.
2 seperate dins, one plays regular cd's and the other plays mini disks

he just wants a mini disk for the novelty factor

i have a webmd player as well, if you are nice to me i could send you a disc with my favorite music :lol:

Back