mini engineer makes robots from minis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman1100

one of the mini engineers over-built the mini to supply parts for his 15 foot robot. he used bmw's reputation for over-building many of it's cars to cover his plans to build a massive and very maneuverable robot. here's the website of his research and some mpegs of tests that he did. the thing is made completely of mini parts. there was a little book in the may '04 issue of motortrend called men of metal about sightings in the oxford england area. if you've ever wondered why the mini has AI in the airbag system, here's the reason. it's quite amazing that he pulled this off.
MINI Robot

Originally posted by Dman1100+Apr 24 2004, 04:08 PM-->
no way man. haha how was it proven fake?
From the old post:

Originally posted by DarkHand@
This was on Slashdot a few weeks ago and proven fake. It's clearly CGI in many places.
It's a cleverly setup ad for the Mini. If you whois lookup the site, it belings to an advertizing company that specializes in TV commercials.

DarkHand

I wanted it to be real so bad :(

Me too... But if it were real this guy would be decades ahead of the rest of the scientific community in robotics... Every government and major corporation in the world would be after that technology.[/QUOTE]

I fucking believe this is the third time I've had to say :

You're stupid. There is no Robot Mini. It's a ad campaign for the new Transformers movie.

-> Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back