Mini-me idle rpm range?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zspinz

I've got a 89 CRX with a Mini-me... It has a 1.6 a6 block and a 95 si head, intake, and throttle body. The car used to run great with a full 95 si engine however I threw a rod in it, thus the reason for the a6 block. It will start with a little bit of gas from the pedal and it will run strong. However, it will stall out if I let it get into the 750-1000rpm range. What could be the problem? What are other peoples Mini-me's idleing at?

I have messed around with the distributor timing... and the ecu is not throwing any codes... the engine runs really strong and sound after 1000rpm, its just under that it wont hold an idle... it doesnt surge and it doesnt stumble... it just wont hold an idle under 750-1000rpm.

IACV, right? either way, check those... one or both might be dirty/clogged. if it isn't, it could be that you are running bad (old) gas. You never know, it might be an injector or a misfire. if you say it doesn't stumble... i'm not really sure. and if you didn't swap the ecu it can't be the problem i had (i was running on an auto ecu... caused idle to act funny...) but i'd say it's the IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) or your FITV (Fast Idle Thermo Valve). If that doesn't fix it... come back and I'll think some more, and I'm sure Blanco will too.

EDIT: another dumb question... did you mess with the idle screw?

Back