mini me timing belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

has anyone ever biult a mini me with a 92 si head? i put the 92 head on my d15b block and found the belt was too long. then i measured the hieght of both of the heads and found that the 92 si was 1/8 of an inch shorter (stack wise). has anyone done this swap? if so was it an 92 si or just like a vtec y8 from an ex? are all vtec heads the same height, or is the si slightly smaller. if they are all the same hieght then what lenght timing betl do i need? (teeth, inches, brand, serial #,) thanks for the help.

Are you trying to use your d15 belt? I'm not sure about with a d15 block but with a d16 when doing a mini me swap you use the belt for which head you use. since you are using a z6 you might want to try the timing belt for that head.

Originally posted by CRX2NR18@May 10 2004, 11:21 AM
you use the timing belt for the z6 head, i used a 95 Civic EX 1.6 Vtec

:werd:

Done it, the Ex/Si (D16Z6) timing belt is needed.

yeah it sucks, youll have to get an impact rinch to get the crank pully off, we're still in the prosses of finishing my mini-me, looks really good,... but its only a SOHC, still if your cars light itll make it get up and go with the correct tuning,.. we also put a nice ass intake manifold on it, i acutally got the 95 civic ex head for my 17' eagle racing rims,..(white),. traded my buddy,... i blew my last head, so he traded me, what a deal, its shaved, 5 angle valve job, port polish, ported to hell, new valves/ the intake mani paid him $200 for is also port matched.,.. looks brand new,.. hope i feel alot of difference, also,. people say gutting your car dont do shit,.. bullshit,.. been killing cameros, mustangs, other hondas,.. beat one turbo civic on my mostly stock , few bolt ons, D16,... good luck!

thanks so much!
every time i hear someone dog sohc vtec(dseries) it makes me want to go mini me even more.

awesome
i have the 92 si heads timing belt sitting in my kitchen i was planning to put it on but:
1. couldn't get the harmonic balancing pulley nut off. its like 2000 torque it seems. but my buddy with a tire shop said if i put it back together and drove down to his shop he could impact it off the tighten it tight enough to were i could drive home then brake it loose.
2. i did some research by calling some belt companies and they all told me the belt currently on my car was the smallest one. that really made me freak!!!

i have my old d15 sitting in my garage ill put the si head on it take it down to the tire shop, pop off the harmonic balancing pulley nut, put the new timing belt on, and if it fits than i have yall to thank!!!!

anyone else have timing belt problems with their mini me?

is a 92 si head exacly the same as all the other single cam vtec heads?

the camshafts are different, but the valve springs and such are the same. that's all i know. the d16y8 has a little higher lift and i think duration than the d16z6.

Back