mini me z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do you recommend upgrading the rods? I don't think i should because i don't have a turbo and i dont have a 12.5:1 cr lol. also should i go for the a6 or z6 pistons. i need some help with pistons too i would like to keep the cr in the 9 zone, i think. i want to use at the most mid-grade fuel and i want to have relialblity

no means of thread jumping but cant you use a a6 dizzy on a z6 head but the bolts wont line up? and cant you wire the vtec directly to the ecu?

no means of thread jumping but cant you use a a6 dizzy on a z6 head but the bolts wont line up? and cant you wire the vtec directly to the ecu?
No the a6 dizzzy won't line up the bolts to the z6 head and the z6 head and dizzy won't work with the factory ecu.

hey, i have a question. before i go spending $2500 on rebuilding my block and head how good are thoes d15b's from japan? they look like i'll spend less than $1000 for a near new motor with a warranty and i get the manifolds and sensors and the wiring harness. another question is i've taken apart a d15b2 and a d16a6 and compared them and where the crankshaft goes in the journals are smaller and weaker on the 1.5. will the journals be smaller and weaker on the d15b? anyone got any beef with d15b's? thanks

Last edited:
$1500 is what i thought i would spend on a rebild at the shop too, but the guy said probably more closer to 2000-2500 so would i get burned there? keep in mind that would include all of the parts too

the guy quoted me $800 for all of the machining work on the block and head and i could probably assembal it togther

i heard its gonna be a bitch to put my power steering pump on a d15b (pump off of d16a6) is this true?

well, i was sorting out the pros and cons of both motors. since i already have almost everything for the z6 (except for a P28) i'll just stick with it. it was funny, my water pump packed it in today, more of a reason to get started. so if i use the PM6 pistons with a 10:1 cr can i use regular fuel?

i'm a cheap s.o.b. I cant wait to put everything together. Hey since youre from Cali have you heard of Street Lightz? I bought a OBDO to OBD1 ecu converter from them. Will it be crap?

I made my converted wiring harness today, it turned out pretty good.

That plug has the two wires for VTEC and the 4-wire 02 sensor.
100_1684-1.jpg

I set the head on a blown a6 block with the a6 intake manifold to set the length for wires.
100_1686.jpg

100_1687.jpg

After I put on the tubing stuff and covered everything with three roles of electrical tape.:)
100_1689.jpg

The other side of the plug for VTEC and the 02 sensor through the firewall.
100_1690.jpg

Last edited:
I've enjoyed keeping up with your progress. Blanco is a GREAT person to learn from. I'm curious to see how your build will end up and wish you the best my friend. :thumbsup:

Also:
This is where the wires went through the firewall.
100_1691.jpg

On the other side of the firewall.

100_1693.jpg

Plugged into the harness.
100_1695.jpg

I just need to get a chipped P28 and I'm on my way.

Last edited:
Back