1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

minor sohc build need help

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by v8hater, May 22, 2010.

1. v8hater

v8hater new to the zc's

Ok so I've got a d16a vtec in a 95 ex I'm wanting to build slightly to get more horse power and to shut up all the assholes with their big goofy diesel trucks. I want it to be all motor. Its bone stock right now. I need a list of parts and things that need to be done to the motor. I know a lot about civcs but not nearly enough obviously so any help would be greatly appreciated my fellow single cammers.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Realistically, a streetable all motor D16Z6 isn't going to be enough to take out the super torquey diesel trucks.

3. v8hater

v8hater new to the zc's

Noted but that was more of a joke than a realistic want. I do however want more horsepower without having to boost or juice it.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Ok-

Easy: intake/heater/exhaust
    Harder: camshaft, intake manifold
    Hardest: pistons, rods

Nobody else is going to spoonfeed you more information, so read up and see what parts combinations you want or can afford.

5. 34diesel34

34diesel34 Import Tuner

Eagle H-Beam rods, JE high compression pistons, port & polished z6 head, skunk2 or crane cam, AEM fuel rail, bigger injectors DSM 450's or RC, Spoon ecu chip. Or just turbo it SLEEPER style. Get a silent bov, and a hiden inter cooler painted black.That will kick some ass and then tell those bastards you have a stock motor because when you start kicking their ass their gonna be wanting to know what's under the hood.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted