minor sohc build need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

v8hater

new to the zc's
Ok so I've got a d16a vtec in a 95 ex I'm wanting to build slightly to get more horse power and to shut up all the assholes with their big goofy diesel trucks. I want it to be all motor. Its bone stock right now. I need a list of parts and things that need to be done to the motor. I know a lot about civcs but not nearly enough obviously so any help would be greatly appreciated my fellow single cammers.

Realistically, a streetable all motor D16Z6 isn't going to be enough to take out the super torquey diesel trucks.

Noted but that was more of a joke than a realistic want. I do however want more horsepower without having to boost or juice it.

Ok-

Easy: intake/heater/exhaust
Harder: camshaft, intake manifold
Hardest: pistons, rods

Nobody else is going to spoonfeed you more information, so read up and see what parts combinations you want or can afford.

Eagle H-Beam rods, JE high compression pistons, port & polished z6 head, skunk2 or crane cam, AEM fuel rail, bigger injectors DSM 450's or RC, Spoon ecu chip. Or just turbo it SLEEPER style. Get a silent bov, and a hiden inter cooler painted black.That will kick some ass and then tell those bastards you have a stock motor because when you start kicking their ass their gonna be wanting to know what's under the hood.

Last edited:
Back