MODS FOR B16

• turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • different mo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DaRaCeR

I HAVE A 90 INTEGRA WITH A SWAPPED B16 AND IM LOOKING FOR MORE POWER FOR NOT TOO MUCH MONEY. WHAT MODS ARE CHEAP BUT EFFECTIVE ON A B16A?

i voted different motor... IMO, the b16 just dosen't have enough TQ to push a teg around. i'd suggest getting a LS shortblock and building yourself an ls/vtec.

and BTW: loose the caps, it can get really annoying.

Jeez, there's a million single step things you can do.

AEM intake, DC or ITR 4-1 JDM style header, good exhaust, Skunk2 or ITR or CTR cams, ITR intake manifold, overbored, or larger throttle body, V-AFC to help tune it somewhat, Skunk2 valve springs, valve spring retainers, and Stainless valves to lighten up the valvetrain so you can rev the piss out of it....

There's a million things you can do.

i have the same swap, and yah, it does lack the torque, but for me, i'm just gonna get some skunk2 cams and i should be around LS torque numbers...and for all you b16a haters, the 2nd gen tegs are lighter than the EK SI's, and have far more potential than any b18a because most b18a's need to be rebuilt since they are, 10 years old, and most have 100k+ miles. my b16a only got 40k miles while my b18a had 170k miles...so stop hating.

The B16 is too small for the EK SI as well. The Gen 2 weighs in at ~2650 with no driver. That is far from light.

i voted turbo but another engine--prefebly using the b16 head on a ls/vtec or b20b/vtec would also be good. the turbo can be upgraded and all that.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 8 2003, 11:48 PM
The B16 is too small for the EK SI as well.  The Gen 2 weighs in at ~2650 with no driver.  That is far from light.

:withstupid:
1.8L > 1.6L... vtec or not.

get a LS block or a new motor. The b16 doesn't have enough torque. I would've just stayed with the LS motor. If you still have your old LS motor, just swap blocks. You won't be spending much since all you basicly need is the oil tap. You already have the ECU and everything else. It shouldn't cost more than $15 for the oil line kit plus the money for the new head bolts. With all the money you save by doing it youself and not getting a new motor, I'd buy some cams, valve springs, retainers, cam gears, and an intake manifold (if you have enough for all that)

actually screw the ITR cams, turbo, and new motor. this is how to make your car faster. buy pacesetter headers and exhaust set up, neon lights under your car, and apc decals all over your car adn youll be as fast as a new evolution

slap on a t25 turbo from an eclipse of course you will have to do some custum shit but you can get every thing you need for right around 500$ then you can laugh at the type r teg you just passed :worthy:

by the way it was in honda tuning that had an article on budget boost.
april2003 issue :withstupid:

by the way, don't just slap on the GS bottom end, it's not just plug and play. Well atleast not if you want the motor to last a little while. If you are going on motor and lsvtec i say, get a good tranny, lsd, build the bottom "correctly" and work on the head.

Milan

<_<

This thread is pointless.

You want to make your B16 faster but you don't want to spend "much" money.

ITR/CTR cams, springs, and retainers will cost you about $800. Why not buy Skunk2 stage 2 cams for $1000?

A turbo will add a lot of HP for a small amount of money, but not if you want your engine to last longer than a month. Plan on spending at least $2000 on a full turbo setup, because if you want to do it right you have to reinforce your bottom end, plus your fuel delivery system, plus your new ECU/Hondata/etc...

A new engine? I thought you said you had a '90 teg with a swapped in B16? How come you didn't just buy a B18c5? If you would have done that in the first place...

Back