Motor Swap - From Above Or Under?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fardoche

B -series going into 1988-1991 Civics : is it easier dropping the engine into car or dropping car over the engine? Wondering if option 1 is that difficult.
Thanks

i have participated in 1 crx b16 swap and one 5th gen civic b18c swap, and both were done from the top. if we had acess to a lift we would have probably still done it from the top, but a life would have made some things real easy to access...

If you have access to a lift use it and go in from the bottom. If you have to go in from the top, then take the hood OFF.

one thing to remember take your time dont force it.. its easier if you can do it from the bottom. but iam not rich and have a lift in my garage. so i used an engin hoist.. getto...

One advantage I found when going in from the bottom, is you can attach the shiftlinkage before installation and avoid have to deal with the bitch pin in a tight area. Just don't connect the torque rod so you can lay the shifter down, or remove the shifter so it doesn't hit the undercarriage when you bring the chassis down.

s3ec9242899cff.jpg

Back