motor swap problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdog95civic

I swappd my d15b7 motor out of car, replaced it with a d15z1 motor, put in the computer from the d15z motor, replaced distributer, spark plugs plug wires, battery, fuel filter. ignition control module. tested evrything with a volt meter, including injectors, and air fuel mixture sensor. everything tests good. the engine cranks but doesnt fire up to idle, and drive. i have no clue what else to do. any help would be awesome!

yeah i had checkd that many times. first it was wrong but i got that fixed before i even replaced spark plugs and wires. when i take distributer apart it is pointing at 1 which is where it should.

You had a OBD1 motor in the OBD0 car before with no problems? Wiring shoudln't be an issue (except VTEC but that's irrelevant here) if this is your situation

Getting spark at the ends of the plug wires? Take a plug out and smell for gas being dumped on them or not (after you try to start it to see if you are getting fuel there)

yeah im getting fuel and i also have fuel pressure. i have spark on cylinders 3 and 4 for sure i couldnt tell positively on 1 and 2. im going to replace the coil, even though it is a new distributer. ive replaced everything else. dont have any other ideas to try

so i now have replaced the coil, ignition module, distributer, spark plugs, plug wires, battery, fuel filter, i know i have fuel getting to fuel filter, and thru the fuel rail with fuel pressure, i have checkd the timing many times. the car still only cranks but does not fire up. what else to check?

Please try to check for fuel saturation on the spark plugs so you can see if fuel is getting into the actual cylinder (after you try to start it a few times)

And if you have a re-manufactured dizzy....it could be bad too. I hate re-manufactured electronic parts for Hondas

And like always....make SURE you triple check your grounds once again....yes....then do it again and again.

i checkd everything and my spark plugs did have fuel on them from when i was spraying starting fluid in throttle body. still no start after i cleand them up. any other ideas to check. all grounds are good also. the only code from computer is the vtec solenoid code cause i dont have vtec wired yet. engine should still run with vtec not hookd up. any help is greatly appreciated

Back