1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motor swap

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by crxricer, Nov 20, 2006.

1. crxricer

crxricer New Member

I got 87 CRX D15A1..looking to swap for something faster.. ne ideas of what would be the easiest to do? looking at D15 B Vtec or B18B..:confused:

2. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Tell us your HP goals and your budget.
    Track car/daily driver?
    You want NA or forced induction?
    And any and all other details/goals you have.
    More info will help the experts here help you.

3. crxricer

crxricer New Member

87 crx d15A1

i have a pretty tight budget.. considering i am still in school.. i'm looking to spend approx. 1000 for now .. and plan to start building the motor from there.. i only have like 70hp now.. so 145-150hp would be a good start...i found a 94 civic crashed.. good motor 1.6 vtec would it fit?

4. Remedy

Remedy New Member

Maybe this will help.. I didn't actually look closely. This is the only refernce I have found that I can find again. If you are fuel injected already you are halfway there :)

Honda Engine Swap Comparison Chart - Hondahookup.com

You would think a board called hondaswap would have a chart like that but I missed it somehow :/

5. crxricer

crxricer New Member

i have carb'd now.. looking to put the FI in there.. do i need to change the fuel tank/injector and everything?

6. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Yes, everything is a good way of putting it. If you've never done an engine swap before, and only have $1000 this is probly not the best swap for you. That 94 civic has a d16xx (xx means I'm not sure which one) that should fit in the CRX and you can probly get a mount kit from hasport.
    However unless you're pretty good with wiring, putting that d16 into a carb'd crx will be a job not to be done by noobs. I'm not sayin you can't do it, but it will take you a LOT of time and WAY more than a grand.
    That being said, I think the JDM Civic DOHC ZC swap would be more attainable and more within your budget. It puts out about 130 hp, and I think (not for sure) will bolt up to your stock mounts if you get one from the same year, give or take a few.
    jlicrx is the guru of civics and crx's of this era maybe PM him or check out his site ZCspeed.com
    Good luck bro!

7. ef8

ef8 Junior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted