mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

942drcivic

so i got all the wiring figured out but now my mounts dont line up. im using all the rubber mounts from the 93 civic and all the metal brackets from the 95 teg is there anyone that has any idea why my s**t wont line up proper??? thnx

If you let us know what motor was going into what chassis, you might get better results...

Just a thought.

3G-5G%20DOHCMounts_1.jpg

thats exactly the pic i was using as a reference and my rear t-mount off of a manual tranny teg wont line up the two bolts that go into the tranny

how can the integra transmission mount not fit the integra transmission

are you swapping an automatic??

no thats what i dont understand. i physically unbolted it from a 96 teg and i kno for a fact that my tranny is a manual but i cant get those two bottom bolts to line up thats why im wondering if i have some weird tranny bc i kno its a five speed but not sure exactly what it is bc it came in the car.

is that mount already attached to the rubber mount?

i had it hooked to the rubber mount and the upper bolt thru the engine but now its just sittin outside the car cause i couldnt get it to fit

pull the engine back out of the car

put the rear bracket on the engine (tight)
put the rear rubber mount on the car (tight)
put the side rubber mounts on the engine (loose)

lower the engine back into the bay

line up and get the rear mount bolted in (loose)
then get the side mounts in the side brackets (its been a while but i think you want to do the tranny side then the belt side??) (loose)
put the front mounts on the engine (loose)

once it is in, go back over and tighten everything up
as you tighten everything up get the front mount bolts lined up to the body and tighten them up

***when im saying "loose" i dont mean to leave it sloppy and flopping around... i mean leave it loose enough to wiggle around and give yourself some room to work it into the mount location

put the rear bracket on the engine (tight)
put the rear rubber mount on the car (tight) ...
cross member rubber????
put the side rubber mounts on the engine (loose).....frame mount or top mounts?????

put the front mounts on the engine (loose)....fronts mounts?????

Here is how I do it.

1.) lower engine into car
2.) tighten tranny mount (passenger side mount)
3.) tighten timing side mount (drivers side)
4.) use engine hoist to help position the engine for the rear mount.

The rear mount can be difficult to line up; you just need the hoist to help line it up for you and do some maneuvering by hand.

im gonna go home a pull the whole damn thing out and see if the mount even lines up on the two tranny holes. will try to post a pic to show u guys what i mean. thanx for all the help from everyone that had some input. will let u guys kno how it goes

Back